[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's more valuable to you /sci/? Intelligence or Strength?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 3946031-brain-vs-brawn.jpg (102 KB, 849x600) Image search: [Google]
3946031-brain-vs-brawn.jpg
102 KB, 849x600
What's more valuable to you /sci/? Intelligence or Strength?
>>
>>8039480

what the fuck do you think
>>
wrong place to ask this question, go to /fit/ where some gormless drongos would genuinely consider strength more significant than intelligence.
>>
They're on the same level
>>
We used both brains and brawns to land on the moon.
>>
strength, I'll fuck a nigger up
>>
>>8039484
Dyel detected
>>
They're both umbrella terms that may or may not be considered to encompass certain things.
Is "strength of character" a quality of intelligence, or a form of strength? I'd give an ounce of muh mental maths to be a better person.
>>
>>8039484
are you australian
>>
>>8039500
It's neither and you know it.
>>
Dexterity, without it you can't get any good evasion stats, fucking newfags
>>
>>8039651
>being a DEXfag
Shiggididiggidy doo
>>
File: 2trf2I2.gif (498 KB, 250x179) Image search: [Google]
2trf2I2.gif
498 KB, 250x179
>>8039480
You need both to live. Humans survived because they were incredibly tough and had a lot of endurance, but they were also clever. You need a good mix of the two to do well in the animal kingdom. In modern society you can get away with having a lot of just one, but going "strength spec" requires luck, because statistically you are unlikely to become a pro athlete.

TL,DR: Strength becomes less important the more society develops and the more technology is able to replace human strength.
>>
File: 1428926906580.gif (2 MB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
1428926906580.gif
2 MB, 500x349
>>8039651
In this context brawn is referring to all physical attributes, dex, str, con. Brawn=physical ability, but you already knew that didn't you?
>>
>>8040851
Humans are extremely weak compared to similar animals and especially predators the same size as us. Endurance is what we have going for us. I always find it funny when people say "cavemen" were brutes who clubbed animals to death. There were lanky distance walkers who stalked prey until it died of exhaustion in the hot sun. Maybe they stabbed it to be sure.
>>
>>8041117
Neanderthals grappled with their "prey"

That's why they should belong to the genus Hogano instead of Homo desu
>>
Hmm I would posit that both are equal.

Physical strength and training improve your efficacy

Mental strengths allows you to "cast a wider net"
of understanding also improving your efficacy
>>
>>8041372
efficacy = potential

greater ability to secure mates.
>>
They are not mutually exclusive. Nerds and Jocks are lazy at something because not everyone can be a teue Ubermensch.
>>
File: tumblr_lzn64wUEBv1qldlyho1_500.png (69 KB, 250x191) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzn64wUEBv1qldlyho1_500.png
69 KB, 250x191
the mix of the two; low cunning you cunt.
>>
>>8039480
Magic is for fags so I choose STR.
>>
A fair degree of boith would be preferable.
>>
>>8041339

Its also one of the contributing factor to their extinction. Turns out fighting wild animals close quarters isn't a very good idea.
>>
>>8041573
They just weren't big enough guys
>>
>>8041580

Its even that really. I'm fairly confident they could kill wild animals, the problem is that how many bites do you have to sustain before you succumb to a disease? If humans hadn't showed up, their death to birth ratio probably would've been higher than the replacement rate, but the human's superior tactics orf launching projectiles and waiting for prey to bleed out won the day and we essentially used up their portion of the food. I always wonder what humans thought of them.
>>
strength enough to secure your development of intelligence
>>
>>8039480
>strenght
>important at any time after the invention of guns
Still, I like going to the gym/practing sports. It's fun and helps me relax
>>
>>8039491
If strength is more valuable a nigger will fuck you up.
>>
>>8039480
Intelligence gets me more pussy at the campus, so I go for that
>>
>>8039480

Both obviously. Its not like I could not easely build both over time to a incredible level.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.