[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IB/AP/SAT/etc. Exam general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: culogo_400x400.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
culogo_400x400.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
Who here /hasn'tstudied/ ? Also exam study guide general.
>>
4chan is a 18+ board

reported filtered saged
>>
>>8034361
This board is 18+, so you really shouldn't list SAT. I do have AP tests coming up though. I think I'll do decent on all but English lit, but I don't care about that one.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 640x480
Ib fag in coming...
IAs were hell. Haven't studied comp sci at all. I will prob just study this weekend and get easy 5. How hard can computers be?
>>
>took the GRE
>near perfect in reading, perfect in writing, 88% percentile in math

should i get a PhD in literature instead of math?
>>
>>8034795
no lol. you get good scores in reading and writing just by being a decently intelligent person that speaks english. has nothing to do with studying literature.
>>
>>8034361
M8 those scores dont mean shit, if you're not a heavy studyfag in hs you could get a 2400 and 36 and still get denied from good schools. If you're white don't even bother with the ivies or the west coast ilk.

t. bitter lazy faggot who got a 36 and a 2200 but still got denied from high-mid schools despite having scores leagues better than their averages
>>
>>8035054
You probably got denied because adcom could detect you're a fucking faggot just by your writing.
>>
>>8034696
Fellow ib fag here
Fuck chemistry HL
So much shit to memorize
Hl math physics and lit are ok tho
>>
>>8035054
ebic!
>>
>>8035087
Ib fag again,
I only taking SL chem and it is pretty hard desu
>>
I want /highschool/ to go
>>
>>8034361
>ACT
>32 after dropping out freshman year
Now i have a 4.0 in college, faggots
>>
>smooth manifolds and algebra ii finals soon
>don't know shit

i done fucked up desu
>>
>>8036665
I always wonder how this happens. Presumably you've done well enough on your other tests not to have dropped the class yet, so how do you know nothing?
>>
>>8034795
If you want to get a PhD in pure math, you most likely have to take the GRE Subject in math, which is insanely difficult. If you're doing applied, stats, or CS, you probably can get away not taking it. Also, no one really cares what your quantitative score is on the GRE unless its really really awful.
>>
>>8036681
I don't know nothing, that's an exaggeration on my part, I just really haven't been keeping up to date on anything, especially Algebra II. Homework is a good percentage of the grade, so that keeps me afloat, plus the fact that the first midterms were on stuff I knew coming into the class already; vector fields / coordinate charts /. differentials / vector bundles in the first case and homological algebra in the second case. But everything after that I fucked up because of laziness and family problems / mommy issues and basically have to teach myself Field Theory, Galois Theory, and De Rham Cohomology over the next two weeks
>>
>>8035087
Lmao, your teacher must be shit.
HL chem was dope. Study for a couple hours before papers one and two, and just learn your options after that.

I took it my junior year and it was my first IB exam. I forgot to answer a paper two problem and still pulled a 6.

Got to skip into orgo my first semester of college, which was probably the most fun I have had in chem.
>>
>>8036692
>which is insanely difficult
This. Take it seriously. I didn't prepare and showed up for the test hungover, and while I didn't do terribly I think it definitely limited where I could be accepted.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.