[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you need a licence to operate a home lab? I mean, say you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Beakers.png (69 KB, 881x533) Image search: [Google]
Beakers.png
69 KB, 881x533
Do you need a licence to operate a home lab?

I mean, say you synthesise a common drug. Can you legally sell it?
If not, what steps need to be taken to legitimise the lab?
Is there some kind of mandated purity test, or a requirement of a doctorate to work at such a task?
>>
>>8015716
this is way to vague

if you dont have any restricted chemicals, and dont synthesize any restricted chemicals, then you can do whatever you want

if you do have something thats restricted, you will need some form of paperwork to have it / make it.

If its a food or drug, it needs to be approved by your countries department that deals with that sort of thing if you want to sell it, if it is on their list.
>>
>>8015716
If it's a meth lab, then no.
>>
Only if you live in the United States of Freedom.
>>
You posted this in /biz/.
>>
>>8016033
I did.
>>
>>8015716
>Can you legally sell it?
It's a fair sight more difficult than selling home cooked food at your local hippie market desu
>>
to be completely by the book, you need health and safety plans, proper waste disposal facilities (which will probably involve contracting with someone else to take your waste), PPE, safety equipment like eyewash stations and showers, fume hoods, fire suppression systems, firesafe chemical storage lockers for corrosives and organics, and probably a bunch of stuff i'm forgetting

if you don't have those, prepare to be eviscerated by OSHA or the EPA

if you do have all of those, congratulations, you're a wealthy motherfucker and i hate you, but also you can start a lab

oh there's probably also zoning issues, you usually can't do commercial stuff on property zoned for residential purposes
>>
>>8016290
OSHA only applies to employers/employees, not a personal lab. I'm sure there are other legal restrictions, but OSHA has no authority there
>>
>>8015716
>say you synthesise a common drug. Can you legally sell it?
Define drug.

If you mean commonly used herbs and nature medicine like camomille tea then te answer is sure, go ahead.

If on the other hand you mean synthetic medicine the anser is more unclear. Big pharma need a marketing license to be able to sell their drugs. If it is under patent you need a license too (assuming you are in the US, other laws elsewhere)
>>
>>8015716
The pharmaceutical world has more red tape than most industries if not all thanks to big pharma lobbyists.. Good luck.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.