[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work in a lab that analyzes urine. Ask me anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: aaa.jpg (40 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
40 KB, 320x480
I work in a lab that analyzes urine.

Ask me anything.
>>
>>8011771
What does your lab analyze?
>>
How much water should I drink?
>>
>>8011774
urine.
>>
File: aaa.png (399 KB, 394x574) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
399 KB, 394x574
>>8011781
every day, drink some water
>>
Where do you work?
>>
>>8011771
what is your favorite wavelength?
>>
>>8011771
Well that fucking sucks. Is that what you pictured when you enrolled in biology?
>>
>>8011771

arent you afraid of diseases? like piss from some meth head gets spilled
>>
What method do you use for crystal identification?
>>
>>8011771
Are you a coated slave aka. lab """"""""technician""""?

Or do you belong to the high salary medical coated slave master race?

>>8011805
This, public or private?
>>
>>8011771
I'm the janitor and I clean up the spilled pee, when someone drops it.

I don't know about crystials. Drink plenty of water faggits.
>>
R Kelly
>>
do you ever find dead sperm cells in the urine you analyze?
>>
>tfw medical technologist
>have to handle normie urine all the time when they've been binge drinking too hard in the clubs

I hate my life
>>
>>8011872
>medical technologist

Eurofag here, never heard of that. What did you study? What do you do?
>>
>>8011771
Have you ever analyzed something that turned out not to be urine, and if yes, what was it?
>>
>>8011888
Studied microbiology, parasitology, hematology, coagulation, immunology, urinalysis, and chemistry. I work in a hospital lab.

I rotate between various departments in the hospital lab. I do blood work, urine tests, microbiology off various body fluids or tissues, etc.

The pay isn't worth it.
>>
What kind of piss tastes the best? I work for Quest and sometimes I drink fresh samples if it was a woman under the age of 30. I find that the urine of women from age 12-26 tastes the sweetest.
>>
>>8011872
Would you recommend Medical Technology? Or only as a foundation for something else?

Currently a Med Tech student cause idk what to really do in the medical field, which sucks.
>>
>>8011890
Not OP, but I worked in toxicology before and a guy tried to fool us by giving just water that had a bit of dye I'm guessing it in. We knew right away it wasn't urine because we test for creatinine and it came back as zero.
>>
>>8011905
You'll have a job guaranteed which is nice but the pay sucks. If I knew how to get out, I would.
>>
>>8011890
Not OP, but I was once sent a balance from a centrifuge that was mistakenly sent instead of urine. It contained water (what a surprise!)

At the hospital where I used to work patients would frequently just send us a water sample because they were too embarrassed handing over some piss.
>>
>>8011903
Do you make decent money at quest? I'm assuming you're ACSP certified as an MT.
>>
how much of a racket is it?
>>
>>8011914
What do you do currently?
>>
File: Balantidium.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Balantidium.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>8011919
I'm a supervisor at a small diagnostic lab in the private sector. I used to work as technician in a hospital microbiology lab (I studied microbiology at uni).
>>
>>8011771
What was the worst source of urine you've ever found?

As in, I'd imagine a meth addict would have less "quality" (read: normal) urine than the average person.
>>
>>8011928
How old are you? How satisfied are you? How's your salary? I'm currently a tech and I fucking hate this position mostly because the money is awful. I have management experience and I do microbiology mostly. I'd be really interested to know how you like it
>>
>>8011771
Do you ever have dreams of going to NASA to analyze astronaut urine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05oOst9kZXQ
>>
>>8011912
Do you ever plan to pursue higher education or specialize in something other than urinalysis? Like a Master's? Or just go back to school for Nursing?
>>
>>8011961
Maybe. I'm a generalist at this point so I'm not specialized. I'll probably go to higher education. Will never do nursing.
>>
>>8011943
I'm in my late 20s, I enjoy my job but my salary is shitty. I'm currently taking a chemistry course to help me get a better job/promotion.

MALDI and molecular techniques are slowly taking over routine microbiology although I don't expect it to change vastly any time soon. I'd try and find a position in a field you enjoy first, anon. Even if it's completely different to what you're doing now. No point climbing the ladder doing something you hate.
>>
>>8011976
Yeah I'm in my early 20s and feel kind of stuck. And you're right, MALDI-TOF is changing the game fast, especially in my lab.

My plan was going on to higher education but even that feels somewhat misguided or like a pipe dream. Where do you think you'll go from where you are now?
>>
do you prefer tomato based or vinegar based bbq sauce
>>
>>8011771
What do you do when you get bored?

Glassware music and culture races where the shit back in uni, but i guess you cant do that when employed
>>
>>8011771
Do you have a piss fetish? I love it when a hot girl pees on me.
>>
>>8011771
how can I pass a weed exam?
>>
>>8011771
Can I pass a drug test if i use the N2 dilution method?
(N2 method is just drinking alot of water and consuming alot of creatine 3 to 4 days before a drug test)
>>
how long after eating a poppy seed bun can i pass a piss test
>>
if i smoked alot of pot is it in my pee
>>
>>8011823
OP BTFO AGAIN
>>
>>8012329
don't touch weed. DO NOT TOUCH ANY WEED EVER. WE WILL KNOW.
>>8012607
if you smoke a little pot we will know
>>
Even if they pass the test, what's a sign they were at least a little worried you notice in urine specimens?

Do you guys analyze specific compounds in urine? A valium analogue is for instance most likely going to show up a valium and fall in the benzo category. Do you guys notice structural differences or just rely on a panel that shows it as valium?
>>
>>8012656
Can you be more specific?
I have never used before, and I don't plan to do so. However I just started dating this younger woman who smokes about 2 times a day. She claims she could pass a test after just a few days or using a product like charcoal. I told her that was almost certainly bullshit.
Can you settle this argument?
>>
>>8011771
i just did a drug test for work. i couldnt piss and they said i couldnt drink more than 1L of water within 2 hours or else the test would be too diluted. is that all it really takes to pass a piss test?
>>
>>8012656
Do you guys not always report very low levels of THC/CBD? Not touching it ever is a bit extreme and I haven't smoked in years.
>>
>>8012656
Do proton pump inhibitors really give false positives for thc? I'm on Tecta and would like to know.
>>
>>8011771
how many women have STDs?
>>
Is there anything that can draw a false positive for marijuana other than synthetic shit with a very similar structure (most don't from what I understand)?
>>
>>8012741
80% If you include HPV. Among black women 93%.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>>8011771
Pee fetish
>>
What is the most common abnormality you find in urine? In high school I did a urinalysis lab and it was pretty fun desu.
>>
>>8011771
How often do they let you "take a piss"?
>>
>>8011771
Can you do free STD testing for me I need discreet options
>>
>>8012706
I mean don't touch weed. Don't smoke it and DON'T FUCKING TOUCH IT. Like with your hands. The test will know.
>>
>>8011771
How much would it cost to bribe the person/people who does/do the testing to say the piss is clean?
>>
>>8011985
I quite like running the analysers and I do some mass spec work at present via GCMS. I'm fairly adept at taking the machines apart and reparing them so I might try and get a job as a service engineer or failing that, somewhere I get to do more analytical chemistry.
>>
Serious question, I have foamy urine, had it tested for kidney stones but doc says its not that.
I seldom drink alcho, and always drink lots of water every day
>>
>>8011782
hahahah faggot
>>
>>8013793
You have diabetes
>>
>>8013793
Stop fapping so much. Traces of seminal fluid make it foamy.
>>
Have you even been Jarateed before, on purpose or accidentally.
>>
>>8011771
Have you ever found something besides urine in a sample?
>>
>>8011771
Why do you work in a lab that analyzes urine?
>>
>>8012804
and without HPV?
>>
>>8011774
This guy
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.