[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was so upset with an ongoing abuse of statistics in the me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: aaa.png (23 KB, 350x224) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
23 KB, 350x224
I was so upset with an ongoing abuse of statistics in the media, that I came up with this initiative - www.statsguard.com . Whenever you see any misuse of statistics in the media, please report it through my website, I would really appreciate that :)
>>
>>8007563
no
>>
>>8007570
>>
>>8007563
I reported this thread for fraud and called 999
>>
>>8007572
come on guys :D
>>
>>8007579
>>8007563
the guys who will support you won't respond to the thread, they will just acquire the information and move on.
Only the trolls will, don't read too much into it.
>>
>>8007563
Hey OP. This a great idea. Stick to it and good luck. If i see something i'll send you a link. Let me know how else we can help.
>>
>>8007601
>
>>8007618

You guys are truely amazing. Thank you for the support. If you can, just save this link and report me any cases of statistics misuse if you spot it. I'm really thankful.
>>
>>8007563
So any time an AGW skeptic posts a graph or numbers.
>>
>>8007629
>AGW skeptic
translation: denialist
>>
>>8007563
Can we report research papers?
>>
>>8007655
It's even better. I mean, statistical misuse in research papers is much more rare; it sometimes happens, especially in psychology papers. So that, spotting a statistical mistake in a paper is a very good job. Thank you for this question, I will surely add this on the website (that research papers can also be reported).
>>
>>8007563
Can we report research papers?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.