[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /sci/. I'm considering startin a polyphasic sleep routine.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: bjork.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
bjork.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Hi /sci/. I'm considering startin a polyphasic sleep routine. I'm considering doing either the uberman or the dymaxion cycle.
Does it work?
Is it healthy?
How do I go about it?
>>
>>8006349
>Does it work?
No.
>Is it healthy?
Depends what you mean by healthy, it won't kill you, but I you'll be constantly exhausted.
>>
>>8006355
How do you know it doesn't work? Have you tried it?
>>
i feel like any of the weird sleep cycles are just memes. theres probably a great reason that we sleep the way we currently do
>>
>>8006362
I've not, but I did do some reading about it. Long and short of it is polyphasic sleep patterns might help with declarative memory and a couple of other things, but only of you take your regular total sleep time (say 6 hours) and break it into smaller chunks (so two 3 hour sleeps). In the end I decided the modest gains probably weren't worth it.
>>
I have tried something similar before. It consisted of 2 hours sleeps every 12 hours with a small 30 minutes nap between. was shit anon, you don't save time from this, was fucking too tired to do the any and my stomach felt cold like some fucking dead zombies.
>>
>>8006368

How about that centuries-old style of sleeping 3-4 hours, waking up and doing some chores, then continue sleeping. Read about that once.
>>
>>8006390
not gonna argue with you because I'm not too well read in this at all, but looking at the responses youre giving, it sounds like youre already set on doing it, and just trying to find someone else to justify you. I'd say go for it, and report back with how you felt from doing it, etc.
>>
>>8006390
>>8006395
It might be "centuries old" but if it did exist then it was just a modern creation, something which replaced an older monophasic sleep pattern. If you observe hunter gather tribes then you see that they don't practice that segmented sleeping pattern, they just sleep for one solid block like we do today.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160408-161330.png (429 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160408-161330.png
429 KB, 1080x1920
>>8006349
Delete this
>>
>>8006424
she was so nice :'c
>>
>>8006349
don't.

I naturally have polyphasic sleep and it basically ruins my life, My waking hours are shit. I have to plan days in advance if I have to attend to something during the day.
Social life is out the window since I'm always tired as opposed to always rested.

Don't do it.
>>
You can try it, I've heard it isn't as healthy, but it does work.

Biphasic is the humans original sleep routine, so I think that's the healthiest.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.