[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he doesn't realize human-level AI is 10 years away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1460500491918.png (952 KB, 1021x963) Image search: [Google]
1460500491918.png
952 KB, 1021x963
>he doesn't realize human-level AI is 10 years away

you're wasting your time working and/or educating yourselves bros
>>
Anon.
More grunt workers=More development.
>>
File: emu-51444_640.jpg (102 KB, 452x640) Image search: [Google]
emu-51444_640.jpg
102 KB, 452x640
>>8004557

>He believes the AI meme
>>
>>8004628

>he believes the 'AI is hundreds of years away or maybe even impossible!' meme

heh
>>
>>8004646
What do you mean by 10 years away? After 10nm, we have 7nm, and 5nm transistors that we can reasonably achieve. After that... the shrinking stops. Quantum tunneling makes it unfeasible. I'm sure we'll probably create it someday but I doubt within a decade.
>>
Why don't we just type the genetic code into computers?
>>
>>8004557
Human-level at what?
>>
>>8004655
see: http://arxiv.org/abs/1603.07341
>>
>>8004666
>what is protein folding
Kys faggot
>>
>>8004557
>oh no! ai is going to kill us all! le panic!

please stop with this meme, jesus fucking christ
>>
>>8004828

>le worrying about AI is like worrying about overpopulation on mars bro! 5000 years away!

'no'

unless you've figured out a way to solve the paperclip scenario?
>>
>he believes in something he can't properly define
Go away
>>
>>8005603
can you properly define gravity so that it works with every other fundamental interaction?
>>
>>8005608
Yes.

Gravity is a weak nuclear force that attracts everything to everything else with respect to how much energy or matter there is.

Can you define a human level AI? What its capable of? It's specifications? How it's able to think and how it thinks differently from every other procedural automaton?

Honestly, talking about AI to the uninitiative is tiring. There's a little too much you don't understand.
>>
>>8004655
It's not even about gate size anymore... It's all about the heat dissipation and communication bottlenecks, both of which can be solved with light.
>>
File: 1459738640899.gif (2 MB, 330x166) Image search: [Google]
1459738640899.gif
2 MB, 330x166
>>8005637
>Gravity is a weak nuclear force that attracts everything to everything else with respect to how much energy or matter there is.

lol you are retarded. this is on the same level as saying the internet is a series of tubes. kill yourself.
>>
>>8005671
Yes, it is a very crude definition, but an ad hominem is a very crude kind of response. Sometimes you just miss it rather than see it and point it out, ad hominems aren't always as obvious as insults.

Point is, there is no such thing as a human level AI because a human has never fully defined what humanity is and without a perfect definition an engineer can't design a system based off of it.
>>
>>8005680
there was no point and your analogy fails at modelling gravity for a multitude of reasons. the weak nuclear force works over a quantized gauge field while gravity only works with smooth manifolds due to the properties of the equivalence principle. ergo you believe in a model you can't even properly define. zero ad hominems. are you satisfied yet?
>>
>>8005687
This thread is about AI. Why did you bait me into defining something I barely know much about, get caught doing it and continue going on with that bullshit? How retarded do you think you seem?
>>
will human-level AI be able to create other human-level AI?
>>
>>8005671
>calls other people retarded
>has a Triple H gif, probably posts on /asp/

pot meet kettle
>>
File: Decision_Surface_02.png (7 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
Decision_Surface_02.png
7 KB, 560x420
>>8004557
Someone's gotta develop it. Also when it is developed you don't want to be one of those brainlets who weren't involved and are excluded from enjoying the automated utopia do you?
>>
>>8005730
Neural nets (what your graph *might be referring to) have to be trained or supervised with test data, which most of it needs answers to. That's the real issue with neural nets, do you have the data? Data can be fairly easy to generate if you have an algorithm or a game, but not so for real life practical things.

You're talking about brainlets, all the people who wanted to contribute are grads of degrees that go into programming because >>8005695 can't happen, it's just too difficult to program a computer that can take non pre programmed instructions and program another computer.

That's not how being a good programmer works, you need a method or algorithm you already know to record into programming language. Artificial intelligence is recorded intelligence, even if it's trained intelligence. Ultimately the intelligence has to come from somewhere.
>>
>>8005755
Pic is pre-NN stuff. Just classifiers.
>>
>>8005603

We can properly define it though: "Intelligence measures an agent's ability to achieve goals across a wide range of environments"
>>
>>8005755
Use evolutionary intelligence over neural nets, might not be as fast but at least you get to understand whats happening.
>>
hitler did nothing wrong
>>
gas the kikes race war now
>>
Don't we at least need the amount of computational complexity compareable to the brain in order to emulate the brain's functions? Or is the brain itself inefficient and can be further broken down? If so, why do we have the brain we have today if some more simple structure could achieve the same type of intelligence?
>>
I know you're trolling because you've never heard someone who actually believes this shit say it to you. It's dumb, and even if AI replaced all of us in 10 years, I would never eager that it would in the first place
>giving up career in science ambitions, grad school, fat paycheck because it's possible one day AI will take my job

No.
>>
File: AI.png (262 KB, 697x534) Image search: [Google]
AI.png
262 KB, 697x534
>>8004557
>>
>>8008016
that book doesn't say that we won't eventually build ai that brings forth scifi magic and unicorns and shit
>>
>>8004557
>10 years away
That's a long while to survive without any EET.
>>
>>8008016
>le undergrad textbook to answer post-doctoral question
read that first though.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.