[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orbital Velocity.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
I just came across this image on my friend's feed. He said it was from his exam earlier that morning. But according to my knowledge, arent the options given wrong?
>>
>>8003706
wow what a piece of shit question
>undefined, highly specific parameters.. what the fuck is "near"
>tries to make the multiple choice hard by scrambling the answer, playing on your brain's shortcuts for memory, instead of offering three random false answers and testing if you actually have an idea of what the correct one is.
>>
yes, all wrong because sqrt(g*r)
>>
>>8003718
Not to mention

>Not even phrased as a question
>>
>multiple choice
>>
File: v.jpg (3 KB, 298x96) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
3 KB, 298x96
People can be so mired in their juvenile sophistry that they do not even notice the order of magnitude.
>>
>>8003706
Those answers are >2% of light speed

I didnt know we had the technology to go that fast.
>>
File: new.png (30 KB, 484x602) Image search: [Google]
new.png
30 KB, 484x602
>>8003765

I did try to correct him. But i could not correct the stupid school that was teaching that shit.
>>
>>8003781

and i did not the answer to the second question so i just guessed.
>>
>>8003743
they're all km/s tho so nothing is right. unless the meant to ask, "what is the escape velocity for the Milky Way Galaxy starting near the earth's surface?"
>>
>>8003706

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_speed#Tangential_velocities_at_altitude

Are you morons incapable of comprehension?
Clearly this fact would have been in the lecture and babby astronomy classes are memorisation anyway
>>
>>8003837
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_speed#Tangential_velocities_at_altitude

> 7.9 km/s (17,672 mph)

look at the question in the picture again, it says 7920 KILOMETERS PER HOUR.
>>
>>8003846

>PER HOUR

see how easy typos are?

If you refuse to answer a multiple chocie question based on an obvious typo then you are an AUTISTIC MORON and should not get any marks
>>
>>8003850

but this is 4chan. where posts arent checked and double checked, like they are supposed to do when they finalize an exam question.
>>
>>8003853

Well you should know that the majority of people are not on the spectrum and will make no issue about this
>>
>>8003859
They even forgot a space in the first choice

If you put together an exam and manage to make 5 mistakes you probably shouldn't be in the education business.

This should also be a big red flag for any students paying for this.
>>
>>8003781
>isnt that faster than c
heh
>>
>>8003850
>an obvious typo

If you made "an obvious typo" on your exam, you'd at the least, get points knocked off. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
>>
>>8003781
> 300 million miles per second
What are you on about?
>>
>>8004659

Come on now. I know its meters. I was speed typing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.