[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it cool to like UFOs yet? Now that everyone and their mother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 20160403085405_1.jpg (20 KB, 640x436) Image search: [Google]
20160403085405_1.jpg
20 KB, 640x436
Is it cool to like UFOs yet?
Now that everyone and their mother has a camera on their phone there should be some good sources but is the taboo stopping people from talking about it?
>inb4 /x/ is that way
>>
It's not taboo or anything. But people are tired of seeing that shaky lowres amateur 'lights_at_night_which_vaguely_looks_like_a_helicopter.mp4' videos
>>
>>8001291
I'm sure someone will take a good quality HD photo of UFOs very soon, just keep waiting.
>>
Reading a book called UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record
by Leslie Kean.
Interesting story and concept where they go full hard science and only discuss those few sightings that ended up not being able to be explained as earth technology.
>>
it's actually really hard to film something in the sky, especially if it's zipping about like a mad thing

but yeah i would expect more clear videos than we get (apart from the obvious CG fakes everywhere)
>>
>>8001301
this

Also, there's another thread on UFOs
>>
Most pictures are taken during night time and it's impossible to take good photos in low light with a smartphone.
>>
>>8001291
Someone is gonna see this thread and assume I've been spamming /sci/ with UFO threads and give me shit in it in my thread so letting you all know I didn't make this thread.

Is that picture authentic? I've seen it in Project Condign.
>>
>>8001598
I don't know if the picture is real or fake but I can assure you that the triangular crafts are as real as the air you breath.
>>
>>8001617
I know anon, I know.
>>
>>8001625
Have you seen one?
>>
>>8001681
no but I've seen the radar reports
>>
>Now that everyone and their mother has a camera on their phone

if anything UFO claims will go down because of this
>>
yeah I don't know what the fuck they are, they do exist, I'm not saying it's aliens, my rational mind tried to come up with various explanations, some even less likely than aliens.

one summer they came by almost like clockwork, accelerating and decelerating way to fast, mach ~20 descents and ascents

my final conclusion is that it's some high tech military device, likely unmanned, or something akin to a hologram, but then again why the fuck fly a bunch of visible lights in a populated area near and airport? Chinese? who knows, wtvr.

point being, on maybe a dozen nights i'd see 2-6 of them fly by, and maybe 2-3 nights I saw a squadron go past, another it was maybe a full wing, and another night it was thousands, they sort of moved like drones but way too wobbly, and obviously way different flight characteristics, lasting close to or over an hour, that would be a lot of military hardware to move, silently, blatantly...

in fact, at one point in the awe of it, some flew back in shape formations, one being what looked like a man waving.

honestly, I'm only a bit of a nutter, and on one of these occasions i had the luck of having someone with me to confirm what i believed at the time to be crippling hallucinations. And i would get maybe an Alpha wave spike in their presence, I dunno, like I knew to look up.

Whatever it is, alien or otherwise, I don't think they're out to get us, i mean, just because you wave at someone doesn't mean you have good intentions. regardless, i try to have the experience shape me for the better without dwelling on it in an autistic/paranoid way. it would be pretty chill if they could land and ayy lmao. still thousands of UFOs clearly emitting some photons one way or another... it's heavy even though i didn't feel threatened, i stayed wary.
>>
>>8002511
actually, I tried with my iphone, and it didn't filter right, just had a black screen, and maybe, a slight "pixelated" vertical/horizontal cross from edge to edge type artifact where the orbs would have been.
>>
>>8002670
It's very common that people get a strong urge to look up when a craft is present.
>>
>>8002670
This never happened.
>>
>>8003046
whatever, i'm not selling it. just my personal experience, not saying it was aliens, not saying it was black helicopters (which is couldn't be) or even some sort of satellite laser puppet show.

I thought maybe at some point, geese that landed in some sort of reflective chemicals, etc. but even at that, too many, wrong direction, speed, no quacking, flying like a dude waving at one point, had to give it some sort of sentience, whatever it was.

literally several hundred, it could be well over 2000, since i didn't spend an hour counting them, but when i did it was in clusters of 15-30, then i got to counting clusters of clusters as some were flying at higher altitudes, usually with some structure, one or two in the front the rest in crudely spaced rows with one usually tailing.

I gave up counting and left my place to see if i could get to a clearing where there was less obstruction, and they continued, maybe 100 per minute, some intervals, at one point it had to be over 200 at once.

highly visible and yet strangely faint, couldn't have been a meteor shower, wrong angle, not bright enough, didn't fizzle, wrong velocity.

whatever they were, they had the numbers, seems counter-intuitive personally that it could be an elaborate hoax or some drone geek meet (even though i ruled that out anyway) and it couldn't be some top secret aircraft because its hardly a stealthy place or altitude and they were maneuvering what i assume is dangerously close to commercial aircraft.

not a morsel of covertness about them either... but it's not like any jets were scrambled, so either they're invisible to radar, or it's a known phenomena and there's no real SOP other than keep clear.

I'm still at a loss... honestly, the part of the mind that cringes whenever someone says aliens or UFO is still active. but i saw what i saw, whatever it was.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.