[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is your brain on drugs, any questions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: brain on lsd.jpg (72 KB, 460x399) Image search: [Google]
brain on lsd.jpg
72 KB, 460x399
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/12/health/lsd-brain-imaging/index.html

our imaging technology has come a long way from a frying pan and an egg.
>>
is this really not interesting to anyone but me?
>>
>>7999250
How is this a bad thing? Looks like this shit unlocks the universal library.
>>
>>7999362
that's not what it shows, it shows activity
>>
>>7999370
A shitton of activity. Wouldn't this make someone super creative?
>>
>>7999362

well, we don't really know what all that activity means. I mean, this is all responses to visual stimuli. Normally, your brain is compartmentalized, you see visual stimuli, the part of the brain responsible for processing visual information increases in activity. It's organized.

On LSD, you see visual stimuli, and not only does the visual cortex process the information, but areas of the brain connected with emotion, judgement, pattern recognition, speech and language, motor control, all of that is active. It's disorganized, and probably results in confusion and information overload.

To describe symptoms of actual LSD use. You can feel confused and lost in a familiar place like your own living room, your mind can get overwhelmed by racing thoughts that go in circles, etc.

Seeing a visual stimuli or some other sensory stimuli activating pattern recognition areas of the brain will mean that your brain will make connections that don't really exist. Like seeing the color red might evoke emotions and thoughts that don't normally come to mind. On the one hand.. this is a boon to free association, and can explain why some people feel more creative on the drug. On the other hand, it can be confusing and form connections that are untrue and sound sort of similar to tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists.

This also can explain why on LSD, people might start moving in bizarre ways. Their brain is making a connection between moving and an emotional response and possibly other stimuli.
>>
>>7999391

increased free association for sure. Whether or not the connections made by that free association are valuable is a mixed bag.

On the one hand, free association on LSD led to the discovery of the double helix structure of DNA and Polymerase Chain Reaction, on the other hand, it led to Hunter S. Thompson, who was batshit fucking wacko and had his own ashes fired out of a cannon at his funeral.
>>
>>7999391
>What are side effects
>>
Well it's not surprising.
LSD unlocks all the parts in your subconscious mind. You experience 12 hours of unfiltered, overloaded brain activity. It's interesting how much of it resembles non-linear transformations in the complex plane.
>>
>>7999404
>>7999410
>>7999425
Basically what I can tell is that this is the closest thing to a god drug than anything. It literally lights up your whole brain in ways never before. How is this not like transcendent or lucy where you unlock your full potential (I know, the 10% meme).

Shouldn't everyone take such an amazing drug?
>>
>>7999437

Because for some people the connections they make are bad. Some people it triggers latent psychosis.

It's a mixed bag really. Some results are good, some bad.
>>
>>7999452

The only thing that this, and prior studies really proves is that good or bad.. the effects are PROFOUND. It could be life changing permanently. One of the more telling things about this study is that this was all from 75 micrograms of LSD. 1 hit of blotter usually carries between 50-100 micrograms.

Higher doses would probably be even more dramatic.
>>
>>7999452
Right, I've heard that your experience on psychedelics depends a lot on your mental state. Like people who are depressed, have mental issues, or are repressing something tend to have shitty experiences.
>>
>>7999437
I would recommend any mentally stable adult to try it out. LSD is the miracle drug for introspection, but not much anything else. With a large dose you become so disassociated with yourself that you can't really do anything but ride the rollercoaster.
>>
File: wow.jpg (28 KB, 245x252) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
28 KB, 245x252
ACID LMAO
>>
>>7999465

hey most drugs when they've done brain scans of users they show DECREASED brain activity. So this is actually pretty different.
>>
>>7999410
Don't you dare diss Hunter S. Thompson.

The man was the patron saint of badass eccentric people.

He had a feud with Jack Nicholson, during which he fired a flare gun at Jack's house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHeSC_Ws5Ic
>>
>>7999659

yeah, his writings were iconic, and entertaining, but you have to admit the guy was a loon.
>>
>>7999686
Being a loon is not inherently bad.

I wish I was cool enough to get away with shooting flares at Jack Nicholson's house.

I wish I was cool enough to drink whisky and shoot machine guns with Conan O'Brien.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKq5wmCz0wM
>>
>>7999697

not necessarily, but, Hunter S. Thompson is a rare case of going batshit insane and then turning it around and making something out of it. Most people that go that crazy don't accomplish things like that.
>>
>>7999404
i took LSD a few times and i just felt like a drooling retard
>>7999433
top kek
>>
Anyone else scared to try LSD?

If I smoke a lot of heavy sativa weed I get racing thoughts and sometimes get tripped out and paranoid about stupid shit like "aww man I'm too high I can't even think straight I don't like this feeling"

I feel like lsd would be 10x worse and it lasts waaaay longer
>>
>>7999716

if it was after the year 2000 you might not have taken LSD, even if it was sold to you as such. 90% of the world's LSD was produced by 1 chemist who was busted in 2000, since then 25-i-nBOME has come on the scene and people sell it as "acid"
>>
>>7999730

If there's any fear or doubt in your mind, absolutely don't do it. Your mental set and setting are a huge factor in the experience.
>>
>>7999764

Yeah and the problem with the shit you get now is, unlike true LSD, you can quite easily OD on it
>>
>>7999764
And I'm guessing there no good way for a guy to verify short of having a personal lab

>>7999768
Can microdosing and working your way up help with this?
>>
>>7999775

There are test kits out there that aren't that expensive. Better safe than sorry.

Also pretty sure you have to let 25-i absorb under your tongue. It isn't active if swallowed like true LSD, and has a slight bitter taste to it. If the guy you get it from says to make sure you put it under your tongue it probably isn't legit acid
>>
>>7999775

the effect is dose dependent to some extent I suppose but it's still very powerful even at low doses.

Fear and anxiety are just bad things to bring along as baggage for your trip.
>>
>>7999362
>lets turn on ALL the door at once!!!

This stuff like the exact opposite of ether, which closes all the doors so nothing can talk to each other.
>>
>>7999764
what chemist?
>>
File: 9082240_orig.jpg (54 KB, 640x366) Image search: [Google]
9082240_orig.jpg
54 KB, 640x366
>>7999895

William Leonard Pickard. he was synthesizing most of the world's LSD from the 1990's until 2000. His lab was a renovated nuclear missile silo in Kansas. He's currently serving 70 years in federal prison.
>>
>>7999775
dont be a little bitch, take 5 grams of dried field shrooms and work through all your issues in total darkness

after that LSD will be a walk in the park
>>
>>7999923

What is a shroom trip like compared to an acid trip?
>>
>>7999764
>>7999772
>>7999917
This is outdated information

Yes, for a time post 2000 it was very difficult to get pure LSD, shortly after this the nBOMEs started becoming popular so getting acid was risky

But that was a long time ago, there is plenty of pure LSD available today if you know where to find it, even the acid available on the darknet is mostly legit, you are only likely to find nBOMEs if you are buying off sketchy street drug dealers.

sure the acid available today might not be 100% pure LSD-25 but it is mostly pure, you can take a 10 strip and be fine, it isn't nBOME shit

>>7999775
>>7999789
Simple test is the taste test, LSD is completely tasteless, common RC tabs like the 25-i have a very strong bitter taste, if you bite off just a corner of the dose it is enough to taste, granted by the time you taste it you will still experience some of the effects, but you can avoid overdose this way.

also LSD is more effective when absorbed sublingually as well.
>>
>>7999941

More nausea, possible cramping, gas, and diarrhea (basically more Gastrointestinal side effects), bad taste in your mouth when you eat them, shorter duration, less afterglow, but otherwise pretty similar. Same propensity for racing circular thoughts, save melty/wavy/breathing visuals, same goofy/funny feeling euphoria, same sense of confusion.
>>
>>7999730
weed causes anxiety
its a different feeling on acid
that said if you have those sorts of reservations it probably isnt for you
>>
>>7999945

There could be, but there's much more chance of nbome today.

Prior to 2000, when you bought a tab (or the usual 3 for $10 for me), it was either blank, or real dose. There was no fakes dosed in other shit, and well, virtually every time it was real. I've heard of people getting blanks when they bought from someone they didn't know like.. OUTSIDE of a club. But at a rave or concert.. the dealers knew if they sold real shit that people would remember who sold them the dose, and would point their friends in their direction.. so it'd be a bad idea to sell bunk. People that sold bunk.. sold it outside in the parking lot or something before the party/show, and then disappeared within the hour so nobody could find them.
>>
>>7999493
Bullshit
>>
File: 1443811155924.png (444 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
1443811155924.png
444 KB, 600x449
>>7999493
>he doesn't know the difference between uppers and downers
Wew lad
>>
>>8000086

actually drugs like methamphetamine and cocaine show increased activity in some areas but decreased activity in others.
>>
>>7999716
You probably didn't do acid. It was likely an RC.

Real acid makes you feel very sharp actually. At the peak you make be somewhat disoriented, but during the come up and come down it feels like the best stimulant ever.
>>
>>7999730
I get anxious on weed. The come up was bad, but my friends took me outside to "air out" and I felt a feeling of complete control. More control them I've ever felt over my feelings before. Absolutely amazing shit, do it nigger.
>>
>>7999971
I've done LSD many times and never encountered 25i or any other imitation. You just gotta know the right people and it's easy to find the good shit
>>
>>8000244

I usually felt really silly and like the whole world was just really ironic and funny when I was on acid in the 90's. When I came up, I'd get easily lost like.. in a parking lot I'd been in hundreds of times before at a bowling alley, I couldn't find my bearings. Aside from that though I felt like I knew what was what, once I was on the plateau.

Lucid enough to drive short distances to a convenience store for a friend to buy a 40 of Mickey's and then later drive a short ways to a house party, blasting the same deftones song over and over and over in my car, and I mean the exact same song over and over, everyone in the car was tripping balls so they wanted to hear it over and over. We couldn't get enough of it.

Then we went to taco bell, ordered like twenty soft shell tacos each, and then I remembered I hate mexican food so I threw it at an oncoming car through the window.

I'm so lucky I didn't get pulled over that night.
>>
>>7999775
#1 way to test is to swallow the tab. NBOMes of any kind are not active once they are swallowed, and LSD is. This is the most zero-risk way of doing it.
>>
>>8000335

I've never had NBOME but I'm going to assume this is an urban legend.

NBOME is active in the same dose ranges as LSD, about half as potent. But it can be absorbed through mucous membranes which means it can also be absorbed through the stomach lining.

Taste is probably a better test, because you shouldn't be able to taste LSD, but Phenethylamines are bitter.
>>
>>7999715
Hunter S. Thompson didn't go insane. He created a very popular character, and then rode out the success of that character for the rest of his life.
>>
>>8000401

I think blowing your head off while talking on the phone to your wife with your children in the house falls under most people's definitions of mental illness.

Perhaps having his ashes shot out of a cannon with a barrage of red white and blue fireworks was just playing out the Dr. Gonzo character one last time..

But the suicide wasn't just playing a character.
>>
>>8000373
NBOMe is like 1/5 as potent, and swallowing it really doesn't do anything besides make you really nauseous.
>>
>>8000792
These kind of comments are dangerous and why Reddit is objectively better when it comes to the discussion of drugs. nBoMes are inconsistent with their doses and that's how people overdose on them. Some take 5 while others take just 1 and end up dead. Drug testing kits are a must when buying street shit
>>
>>7999789
>slight bitter taste
Kek
25i is vile. My whole mouth went numb and tasted of.. idek, pepperami?.. for about half an hour.
I didn't have a good time. I wouldn't recommend it either. 1P-LSD is far better and imo almost indistinguishable from LSD.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.