[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it take to become an astronaut?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: Guion_Bluford.jpg (826 KB, 2186x2733) Image search: [Google]
Guion_Bluford.jpg
826 KB, 2186x2733
>Do I just need to ace all my STEM subjects?

>Or is there more to it than it seems

Help me out my civilized /sci/
>>
>>7999050
You're on 4chan, it's already impossible for you to become an astronaut.
>>
>>7999050
All I know is you need to go to MIT or Harvard to become an astronaut.
>>
>>7999050
these guys aren't just smart. they are in peak physical condition and are the best humanity has to offer. most are ex military jet pilots and shit. so your feeble neckbeard ass isn't going into space.
>>
>>7999079
You've just killed my dream senpai.
>>
>>7999089
or you could, you know, git gud.
>>
>>7999053
>>7999079
These

Get rich and pay for space tourism instead, which is a lot more feasible for you (still astronomically unlikely though)
>>
>>7999122
Where's the positivity anons?
>>
>>7999058
>All I know is you need to go to MIT or Harvard to become an astronaut.

Not even true, most went to military academies or normal state unis then enrolled in the military
>>
>>7999050
Networking.
>>
>>7999129
It goes away once you realise that success isn't achieved by high school smarts or university grades, but by appropriate circumstances around you (read: you get lucky and things go right).
>>
>>7999079
>they are in peak physical condition
OK. Is that picture >>7999050 manipulated? His eyes don't match up.
>>
>>7999050
do well in school
enlist in the airforce
become a high level freemason, not kidding.
>>
>>7999158
he was a jet pilot in the air force. he passed the med screen just fine obviously.
>>
>>7999173
>become a high level freemason, not kidding.

What the fuck are you talking about fucktard?
>>
>>7999259
networking is valuable and freemasonry is great for networking, since it's basically an influential old boys club. but you don't need it to succeed by any stretch... he makes a fair point in mentioning them though

just make an effort to meet relevant people while you're going to school and get good grades. have skills besides being good at school.
>>
>>7999270
I just thing there's a less evil way to accomplish my dreams. No thank you sir.
>>
File: 1447942051622.png (814 KB, 604x717) Image search: [Google]
1447942051622.png
814 KB, 604x717
>>7999058
>mfw 20 CU Boulder alumni have become NASA astronauts
>>
>>7999617
The reason you will never accomplish your dreams is that you think that people interacting normally with each other is evil.
>>
>>7999617
>I just thing there's a less evil way to accomplish my dreams. No thank you sir.

its called being ambitious and managing a career you shitter.

enjoy being a cubicle drone.

>>7999867
its because their aerospace engineering program is actually quite good.
>>
>>7999919
Isn't the righteous path to success the only thing that counts?
>>
>>7999974
you aren't profiting off the misery of your fellow man by joining an organization like that. there is nothing inherently nefarious about professional collaboration.

lone wolfing your career doesn't make you somehow more virtuous or competent.
>>
>>7999050
Here you go OP

Great read.

http://www.amazon.com/Astronauts-Guide-Life-Earth-Determination/dp/0316253030
>>
>>7999050
The hardest thing to achieve is perfect health.

After that you want to have at least a masters and 4 years working experience with good references.

They say a B.S. is the min but nearly all have at least a masters so if you want to stand out you'll need one. Not that it matters, the government is planning to completely defend and shut down NASA within the next 5 years, did you not know this?
>>
>>7999175
The military does a good job of weeding out the weak, feeble, and blind. After that you just need education.

>TFW you realize Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins are actually still alive

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Luna
>>
>>7999050

become f-16 pilot

kill more people than you can count (not joking)
>>
>>8000494
>nearly all have at least a masters
dont they get a masters from a military academy generally ?
>>
>>8000563
nah they go to a real school.

military life is pretty fuckin' sweet if you work it. when you hit Lt Commander they will let you take a year or so off to get your masters and still pay you. one of the perks they reserve for career men.
>>
>>7999058
>WHAT IS PURDUE UNIVERSITY
>>
Become a minority female grade school teacher.
>>
>>8000701
didn't she get blown up?
>>
>>8000707
Yeah, shit was retarded though..

"Let's send someone entirely undeserving into space just 'cuz"
>>
>>8000739
it worked out though, a deserving persons life was spared.
>>
>>8000739
I mean they were originally gonna send fucking big bird to encourage interest in space

I guess this alternative was slightly better
>>
>>8001771
big bird was too tall to make the cut, they max out at 6'3"
>>
>>7999050
Astronaut test. Pick one of the following:

A) Use google to find NASA's requirements for astronauts.

B) Go to 4chan and ask a bunch of faggots.

...ooooh, sorry OP, looks like you didnt make the cut.
>>
NASA is about to fall apart so you're only hope is for private space enterprise to take off in which case become incredibly rich and buy a ticket to space
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.