[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this why time travel is taboo in science? >go back in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Is this why time travel is taboo in science?

>go back in time by 2000 years ago
>invest $1
>return back to the present
>worth over $439 million
>>
> go back in time.
Do you think theres a server that keeps track of the universe and its every atom and every subatomic particle and their positions and rotations and configurations and velocity with an infinite unbounded framerate that you can just rewind and "go back in time" ?
>>
>>7998709
spacetime is not really moving anyway. It's just there, there is no need to go "look for something".
>>
>>7998727
yeah, you just move a bit to your left and you teleport to the inexistent past xD
>>
>>7998709
>he doesn't know about the time machine servers
Nobody tell him.
>>
>>7998731
what
>>
>>7998737
im making fun of your dreamy worldview where you can just magically jump into another time and space with braking all the laws of physics.
>>
File: 1349821957565.jpg (134 KB, 680x423) Image search: [Google]
1349821957565.jpg
134 KB, 680x423
>>7998684
Never mind time travel, where are you going to find a financial institution that lasts 2000 years?
If that were plausible, even for the future, you could deposit a dollar today, then "time travel" 2000 years into the future.
What does /sci/ think about time travel to the future?
What if I had a box such that time "stood still" inside?
No wormholes, gateways, nor popping into existence somewhere/when.
>>
>>7998759
i kil u
>>
>>7998759
the ultimate lunchbox
>>
>>7998740
You completely misunderstood >>7998731's point, and instead took it as opportunity to be a dick.
Good work.
>>
>>7998684
>go back in time by 2000 years ago
>>invest $1

Where? They only organization that still exists today that existed 2000 years ago is the catholic church.
>>
>>7998984
>He doesn't know about J.P. Roman investments
Nobody tell him.
>>
>>7998984
And they are extremely rich thus proving OP's theory.
>>
>>7999141
>this proof
>theory
Get out. Go to /lit/
>>
>>7999179
They got rich by investing donations and government grants over centuries. In Roman times the Church was poor, they only really got wealthy in the Middle Ages a thousand years later.
>>
>>7999208
Exponential growth sees negligible gains at first
>>
>>7999208
Great. Go to /lit/. You missed the whole point of my post. You would fit in great in /lit/ where people care about stuff like that.
>>
>>7998841
that's what she said
>>
The only time travel that we'll ever have is: VR to experience the past, Cryo sleep, and maybe at some point gravity induced time travel. Never back in time though. If it was possible we'd probably know by now as we'd be talking to our great great great grandchildren.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.