[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What job can i get with an associates in math?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: red_kangaroo.jpg (61 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
red_kangaroo.jpg
61 KB, 620x350
What job can i get with an associates in math?
>>
associate mathematician
>>
The maths associate's assistant
>>
>>7994068
Literally nothing. I didn't even know that they offered associates degrees for math. That's only two years of school, so the most advanced thing you could have possibly covered is linear algebra.
>>
This doesn't really exist does it?
>>
Lol you'll only make a measly 100k starting with an associates. Just finish school.
>>
>>7994068

Engineer.
>>
>>7994082
You forgot mathematicians associate
>>
>>7994116
Yes, it does. Welcome to 'merica.
>>
>>7994068
with an associates in math you can go on to a 4 year university and finish a bachelors degree in math
>>
>>7994242
/thread
>>
What's the deal with Associates degrees, anyways? Why do they even exist? Is there anybody in the world that has an Associates that didn't plan on going further in school?
>>
File: man-at-desk-holding-money[1].png (127 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
man-at-desk-holding-money[1].png
127 KB, 425x425
>associates in math
>a few jobs you might want
>$30k starting
>>
>>7994257
>Is there anybody in the world that has an Associates that didn't plan on going further in school?

hopefully no
perhaps those who didnt get good enough grades in community college to continue to a 4 year
>>
File: 6.png (60 KB, 218x144) Image search: [Google]
6.png
60 KB, 218x144
>>7994068
I am trying to switch to data and stat and need math badly. Studied like two decades ago. Feel sad. IDK if t`s helpful.
>>
>>7994068
Nothing. Part-time work at Walmart or Target I suppose if you need money.
>>
>>7994257
Exactly. I've always said the same thing. They should just get rid of it. It's meaningless.
>>
File: rogergetsallthebitches.jpg (111 KB, 594x798) Image search: [Google]
rogergetsallthebitches.jpg
111 KB, 594x798
>>7994068
You could become a teacher's assitant...
>>
>>7994257
Honestly it's not a bad thing to have. Plenty of jobs won't hire if you go through 3/4 of university but you don't have a bachelors.

At least with an associates you can work in your field and find out what it's like.

The idea, usually, is to go on and get a bachelors and to save money in the process.
>>
>>7994257
It's meant to just get you onwards to a bachelor, pretty much you declaring your major at a CC before going to a 4 year.
>>
>>7994257

They both entail a little bit of knowledge (postsecondary education), and they provide a cheaper, shorter term proofing to employers of roughly the same task-completion ability that Bachelor's also prove: that the candidate can actually finish a long term project on their own initiative. And since people are grudgingly getting hip to the undergrad debt scam, the rest (CC, trades) are somehow starting to look more appealing to many.

Of course, it's an inferior level of education. But for most in such programs, the point is to become employable at a minimum of cost, and also without assuming an unmanageable kike yoke. Which is too bad because CC is where you go to associate with other dull, loser people, so you also pick up bad habits and attitudes at an impressionable age, if you go there young. High school 2.0, indeed.
>>
File: 2006-03-30 13.08.02.jpg (118 KB, 1473x967) Image search: [Google]
2006-03-30 13.08.02.jpg
118 KB, 1473x967
>>7994068
Bachelor's in math = $300k starting
Associates in math = 1/2 Bachelor's in math
so, 300k/2 = $150k starting for associates in math
>>
>>7995318
no

a PhD in math is 300k starting

a bachelors is worthless

so an associates is 1/2 worthless
>>
>>7994068

That kangaroo looks dumb as fuck
>>
>>7996669
i agree, stupidest kangaroo ive seen in my life

probably has downs syndrome
>>
>>7995474
Thanks for correcting my math. I'm an actuary though making nearly $200k with a bachelors (large bank HQ in west San Antonio). You mad bro?
>>
>>7994068

Get use to asking... "Would you like to Supersize your order?"
>>
>>7995474
An associate's is better than a bachelor's?
>>
>>7998690
yes

thank you for your reply btw, it's been almost 14 hours since my last reply! I must have refreshed my thread watched over 100 times :)
>>
>>7998692
No problem your welcome for what I did for you. Today you, tomorrow me and everyone else too. Pass the kindness around town. Don't have a frown. Love ya mate, I gotta go poo.
>>
>>7998717
>No problem your welcome for what I did for you. Today you, tomorrow me and everyone else too. Pass the kindness around town. Don't have a frown. Love ya mate, I gotta go poo.

I will remember this. Thank you. I hope you have a good excrement session.
>>
>>7994094
I thought people do linear algebra in high school or is that just in Australia?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.