[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>591 episodes >21 minutes per episode >24 frames per
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Homer-confused-1429014702.gif (34 KB, 240x169) Image search: [Google]
Homer-confused-1429014702.gif
34 KB, 240x169
>591 episodes
>21 minutes per episode
>24 frames per second

591*21*24

did someone really draw 297864 images to produce the Simpsons ?
>>
you just did the math
if numbers are accurate then yes
stupid question really
>>
>>7992076
>did someone

someones did.
>>
>>7992076
stfu
>>
>>7992076
Early animators used to draw out most of the the frames with changes, but today that's all done with computer. I'm sure the animators working at Grace Films have automated some of the animation process to take lessen the load.
>>
>>7992086
numbers are not accurate.
>>
>multiplies frames per second by the number of minutes
fucking kek
its 24(21*60)*591
which is over 17,000,000
>>
>>7992076
your math is wrong
>>
>>7992110
no idea how anyone missed this up until your post
>>
>591*21*24
I feel like this is some subtle /co/ bait.
>>
>>7992133
or he's genuinely retarded
>>
Not every single moment is animated at 24 fps. A very common technique that is used in order to reduce the work is called "shooting by twos", where you animate at half frame rate, which in this case is 12 fps. It's still used today in Japanese animation, for example.
>>
>>7992076
>did someone really draw 297864 images to produce the Simpsons ?
a lot of them are probably reused, rooms and establishing shots etc
>>
>>7992076
you should educate yourself on how animation is filmed before you ask dumb questions
>>
>>7992110
So there are 17 million images of the simpsons.
>>
>what are tweens
>>
>>7992076
Nobody is fucking noticing that you math is wrong?
>>
>>7992171
>Not every single moment is animated at 24 fps.

I think they used to call it semi-animation. It started with the flintstones the first prime time TV animated show. They only animate 12 frames a second not 24. I don't know if they do this on the Simpsons but its likely the case.
>>
>>7992076
If you consider "images" every single frame and at a constant frame rate, even tweens and stills then yes, The Simpsons has had 17'871'840 individual images drawn in the show.
However, in the 21 minutes episodes you must remove the intro(s), minus the couch gag and possibly credits and scene pans (that usually get reused)
The math gets even more complicated if you want to remove the occasional CGI or the tweening frames that are automatically generated in the more recent episodes

A more cautious estimate of about 10 million frames sounds about right, it may go even lower but you'd have to do some in-depth research on the show rather than just drop a couple of numbers in your calculator
>>
>>7994565
only the newer seasons though. its not that impressive considering each image is sketched, drawn and colored by a different person as well as layering the workload is significant spread out.
>>
Retard alert
>>
>The level of intelligence of the poster its pic related

I see what you did there, you got everyone (except me).
>>
No, backgrounds are the same for minutes at a time, when characters aren't talking they aren't changing, lots of stuff like that means not much has to be drawn.
>>
That fuckin math tho!!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.