[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plastic surgery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: worstkorea.jpg (99 KB, 600x333) Image search: [Google]
worstkorea.jpg
99 KB, 600x333
In South Korea a large number of women did plastic surgery: isn't this going to worsen their gene pool?

Those with enough money to do it will have more chances to marry and procreate too, but they'll pass the bad traits just removed with the surgery to their kids.
>>
Are you somehow under the impression that only the most attractive people have children?
>>
worsen as in uglier ? than maybe.

because this type of selective breeding only rewards actually pretty ones and ugly ones with money. the hideous ones whom even makeup can't fix don't get to procreate.

its kinda the same in everywhere
>>
>>7991744
>they'll pass the bad traits
There is no trait that is "objectively" bad evolutionarily. There are traits that increase/have no change on or decrease fitness.

Medicine and cosmetic procedures can and have allowed traits to persist in populations that would not have survived or have existed at current proportions. It doesn't matter though since these traits don't decrease fitness and select against an individual any longer.

>but what if modern medicine disappears because of a disaster and some of these traits will decrease fitness then
Use your brain, friend. :)
>>
>>7991744
>Those with enough money to do it will have more chances to marry and procreate too

acquiring money is one of the best survival/procreation traits in our modern world.
>>
>>7991754
This entire post is simmering dogshit. Promptly drink bleach.
>>
>>7991753
>everywhere

"everywhere" don't have 1 million plastic surgeries per year; it's a monster number for a country with 51M people: take out the elderly, the children and 90% of young men: how many [young women+sone dude] they have that did it/will do it soon? ALL OF THEM?
>>
>>7991744
As far as I know, beauty is somewhat subjective, but many agree upon facial symmetry being a large indicator. I haven't heard anything that suggests facial symmetry is genetic. Now if we're talking about "her lower lip looks weird" or "I don't like his eyes", that is genetic, but is a "soft" attractiveness trait. A "soft" attractiveness trait would probably allow for subjective views on the atttactiveness of that trait, so idk. Some people, like me, actually find many asymmetrical faces attractive. To me, it's mysterious and fantastical looking. So basically, facial shit is subjective (kinda) and doesn't seem as important.

Anyways, pic related's case appears to be based on jaw disfigurement, which could have EASILY been caused by mouthbreathing as a child or just luck of the draw. There is facial attractiveness variation within families, but something like height or natural muscularity/fantastic tits seems to be genetic.

I apologize if my thoughts are a bit pseudo-scientific. This post derives from what I have perceived as common knowledge about genetics, but I could be wrong, and I'd be more than happy to be shown data/studies that contrasict me.
>>
>>7991757
eh.. Where i live, the poorest and most stupid people have like 3-6 kids, the rich seems to have 0-2.
>>
>Koreans now getting plastic surgery to get back to their old faces

http://kotaku.com/depressing-inspirational-reverse-plastic-surgery-show-1575569134/1575665323

lel
>>
Technically fitness/intelligence would increase because only those with status/money can afford it and you usually on average achieve that through fitness/intelligence.

Now certain undesirable traits such as crooked teeth and bad acne can indeed be passed along since plastic surgery can cover that. But said traits could likely be offset by gene therapy.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.