[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The very demonstrated premise of cellular life in a planet with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: -.jpg (55 KB, 322x249) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
55 KB, 322x249
The very demonstrated premise of cellular life in a planet with right conditions, evolving into conscious complex organisms like humans which built civilizations, means of transportation and communication, simply establishes that nobody can say alien life can't exist.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>7991199
Alien life can't exist.

I just said it OP. You can deposit my 5 shekels in my paypal.
>>
>>7991199
The fact we exist simply means extraterrestrial life is "likely"

>Prove me wrong.
Eat a dick you fedora tipping piece of shit
>>
>>7991199
>nobody can say alien life can't exist.
That's a pretty low bar, Opie.
>>
>>7991354
limbo under it then earthbitch :^)
>>
File: grey_proof.jpg (15 KB, 268x315) Image search: [Google]
grey_proof.jpg
15 KB, 268x315
>>7991199
>>
is this really un-debunkable ?
>>
>>7991199
>>7991282
>>7991340
>>7991354
>>7991365
>>7991453
>>7991551
you would have to assume macro evolution is real and life can spring from non life for your argument to work.

i sure as hell know that a rock cant become a walking breathing privileged white kid that makes generalities on others, can you?
>>
>>7991563
>i sure as hell know that a rock cant become a walking breathing privileged white kid that makes generalities on others, can you?

Maybe a group of certain kinds of minerals could become more life like over millions of years?
>>
>>7991568
>Maybe a group of certain kinds of minerals

why a certain kind? why not all kinds? and why a million years? what does time have to do with it? cells replicate way faster than that. and again, do you believe a few minerals can generate complex code to create and replicate complex organisms?
common sense says no.
>>
>>7991594
Not him... but this is pretty weak bait, man. Give it a rest.
>>
>>7991594
>and why a million years? what does time have to do with it?

Better odds.
>>
>>7991594
>why a certain kind?

They would need to be water soluble organic minerals
>>
>>7991594
> common sense
you realize this board is not called common sense right ?
>>
>>7991616
People don't like to admit this, but common sense can only help you with common questions.

It's the lowest tier of wisdom, for anything more difficult than "Should I walk around this dangerous neighborhood with my expensive Rolex watch and Google glass" requires critical thinking and education which trumps common sense.
>>
>>7991634
there is nothing called "common questions". All questions require critical thinking to answer them. Either form a counter-argument against OPs premise, or admit that you can't say alien life can't exist.
>>
>>7991199
Nobody (no person or no one) can say anything at all. The absence of a person cannot speak, or engage in any other activities.
>>
>>7991670
Fuck off Neil DeGrasse
>>
>>7991678
dude lmao that's seriously what I was going for.
>>
>>7991684
I literally read it in his voice when I saw the post. After reading a few twitter comments by degrasse, now I can spot his posts from miles away.
>>
>>7991647
That's not true at all.

e.g. asking what time does a certain business close? is a more common question than asking why does molecular symmetry raise a chemical's boiling point?
>>
>>7991199
This thread reeks of /x/
>>
>>7991692
> I can't refute OPs premise and I'd rather focus on the trivial detail you put in your post.
no surprises
>>
>>7991700
> biological life is paranormal
k
>>
>>7991701
>moving goalposts
no surprises
>>
>>7991551
Not by scientific means. It happened once already so I have to say alien life is possible
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.