[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about how awesome transhumanism will be. I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: Order-Confirmation-Display.jpg (699 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
Order-Confirmation-Display.jpg
699 KB, 1200x797
Let's talk about how awesome transhumanism will be.

I want a brain augmentation that allows me to be super smart and store tons of knowledge in my brain.

I also want a body made of nanomachines like the liquid terminator.

k thx.
>>
> omg i want all the thing i saw in my manchildren cartoons to magically become real xDDD
> sciense rite guise ? :D :D :D
get the fuck out retard
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
>>7983434
fuck you, the future belongs to man children.
man children with balls.
>>
>>7983436
we are gonna be mother fucking power rangers nigger
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 226x223
I want a brain and eye augmentation so I'm constantly downloading new information form the internet and learning at a the speed of light.
>>
how soon until we can do these things?

how viable is it already?

I know darpa is experimenting with neural prosthetics and there are already mind controlled prosthetic limbs.

SO exciting.
>>
isn't there this one scientist who says he will become god through technology and will kill anyone who tries to stop him?
>>
let's talk about cybernetics, nanotechnology, and cyberpunk
>>
please respond to my thread, i'm autistic and need attention.
>>
bumpo
>>
please respond
>>
Your brains probably has more potential storage capacity than any computer, you just need to learn how to utilize it.
>>
>>7984161
the thing about organic life is that it requires constant use or it degrades.

a computer can store information perfectly for a much longer time and in a more complete form.

Also I'm sure you could fit all the worlds important non-fiction information on a few chips.
>>
it's going to happen, and faster than you think.

the real question is, are you smart enough and rich enough to partake form it?
>>
File: 2244058132387.jpg (21 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
2244058132387.jpg
21 KB, 499x281
>>7983448

what is the speed of light in bits per second?
>>
File: realtouch-sex-toy-review-0.jpg (47 KB, 446x668) Image search: [Google]
realtouch-sex-toy-review-0.jpg
47 KB, 446x668
Let's talk about how it will be abused.

Sex slave, unable to die, just pile on a little more abuse and get off on how there is absolutely no escape for this psyche.

Wait what? Transhumanism is supposed to be a golden beautiful pure thing?

Absolutely naive.
>>
>>7983425
Is that a fucking convertible 370z
>>
>>7984575
Actually I think it's a 350z
>>
>>7984544
>Transhumanism is supposed to be a golden beautiful pure thing?
Did you just watch your first scifi movie ever?
>>
>>7984589
No, I'm well-versed. The problem is all these "transhumanist futurologists" can't see the bleak, horrific side effects that WILL happen.
>>
>>7984596
Most are more than aware, and either don't care or are fine with it. Calm down
>>
The fuck is transhumanism? The fact we're eating high quality food and using modern medicines makes us practically biological gods to our ancestors.
>>
>>7983452
>how soon until we can do these things?
At least 30 years probably. Merging tech with flesh will require a huge amount of ethics hurdles to be crossed and a shit ton of medical research to establish safety. It takes 10-15 years to bring a pharmaceutical product to the market. Human augmentation is a whole level above that.

>how viable is it already?
Current state involves restoring partial function of limbs/eyes/ears to people with significantly diminished function. Nothing for healthy people.

>I know darpa is experimenting with neural prosthetics and there are already mind controlled prosthetic limbs.
Lower your expectations. That stuff really isn't all that advanced.

>SO exciting.
Eh... It might be one day. I wouldn't advise excitement now. It'll just fizzle out over the next 30 years.
>>
>>7983448
HAHAHA HAVE TO ACCOUNT FOR DRIFT VELOCITY HAHAHAHA
>>
>>7984596
Truth.

Watch Black Mirror for some downsides to transhumanism, specifically "The Entire History of You". The transhumanism aspect of this episode basically boils down to "what if the human brain had a DVR, memory deletion and HD streaming?"

Sounds great until you account for the self destructive tendencies of human nature.
>>
>>7984925
>>7984596

brah

that's the exciting part.

We will be power rangers fighting in a cyberpunk matrix ghost in the shell reality where nothing is true and everything is permitted and the steaks are always high.

low life, high tech.
>>
>>7983425
>Surrounded by fields of asparagus.
>No asparagus on the menu.
>>
>>7984858
>The fuck is transhumanism?
That's when boys can have girl parts and girls can have boy parts.
>>
>>7985948
lol u r so funny XD
>>
>>7985983
XD
>>
>>7985994
XD
>>
>>7985996
Not an argument.
>>
>>7983448
>have brain and eye augmentation
>upload pirated copy of nudexraymob.erb
>hitting pleasure circuit all day around campus while looking at all the naked chicks thanks to the latest .erb
>suddenly hidden routine of the pirated copy turns everything into dicks
>it simultaneously hits your pleasure senses every time you see dicks and pain when you see anything else

T-T-Thanks /b/.

>>7984925
>"what if the human brain had a DVR, memory deletion and HD streaming?"

Add DRM and in-brain ads.

>>7985948
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWSAdWhB6yM
>>
File: chimps.jpg (86 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
chimps.jpg
86 KB, 600x451
>>7983434
Do you know why humans are so smart? It is because we are neotenized compared to other primates. It is visible in our facial and neural morphology. We retained the juvenile characteristic of being able to learn, only throughout our entire lives. The more neotenized your brain, the larger it is relative to your body size and the more able you are to learn new things (fluid intelligence).

It is well documented that our specie's most intelligent members, Einstein for example, were playful, unserious at times, and somewhat scatterbrained due to neoteny.
>>
>>7986245
That's why The Joker and The Riddler are so smart

Too bad they are evil freaks who will never get a friend
>>
>>7986246
that, and they aren't real people.
dumbass.

XD
>>
>>7986363
What is "real" though have you ever thought that dumb-dumb?

Is it more real to try and make someone feel bad?
>>
>>7986428
if real is what you can see hear taste and touch then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
>>
>>7988096
>electrochemical
There you go dumb anon
>>
>>7988131
>electrochemical
interperted by your brain
>>
"Real" is whatever you want it to be, that's what Reality means
>>
>>7983425

transhumanism in the real world is your mother getting a cloned kidney and using social security to pay for it while you get nothing because the SSA age will be raised as lifetimes increase

everyone will live to 100 but will be working to 80 or 90
>>
>>7983452

clonable organs are probably 10-20 years away. It remains to be seen if boomers will be able to take advantage of it or if most will die before the FDA legalizes it.

At any rate once it does happen two things will occur:

- government social security programs will probably become cheaper (since instead of expensive drugs, people can just have their organs replaced)
- smoking will become far more common since people can just get new organs

look forward to it
>>
>>7984544
why not just get a sexbot instead...
>>
>>7990257
That would make sense, but some people get off on inflicting horrors. And "transhumanism", unfettered technological advance in general, will make possible a whole lot of things that people haven't even dreamed up.
>>
>>7983425
I'd like to gain a capacity for rapid epimorphosis, negligible senescence and improved anti-oncogenic mechanisms, revamped metabolism better adapted to modern diets, and electricity generation and manipulation.

The hows are a longer story.
>>
>>7990262
true, though i feel most h+ humans would be capable of defending themselves.
however i suppose this doesn't stop people from targeting "original" humans.
>>
>>7990269
>most h+ humans would be capable of defending themselves

wat. Are you mistaking reality for an RPG?
>>
>>7990275
possibly. i don't know the limitations of transhumanism
>>
>>7990277
Well I guess I don't either, I guess I'm not sure of any agreed-upon definitions for that now that I think about it. I was just thinking about the forced immortality aspect.

But I'd have a hard time thinking up something that would guarantee against the ol' tried-and-true kidnapping/trafficking techniques with any other definition of transhumanism. Unless we're talking like, I don't know, some kind of complete digital thing, in which case, it's rather pointless to speculate unless we can get clear definitions.

But, maybe it's just me being cynical, I think people can always be trusted to come up with creative new ways to be awful.

3D printing living sentient humans will be another interesting case for our ethics to catch up to.
>>
I want get rid of the need to sleep.

Think how much more we could get done if everyone didn't spend a third of their life asleep.
>>
>>7990292
I don't think I've met a person where sleep has actually been their bottleneck. People just tend to waste whatever amount of time they have, in my experience. Stretching the task to fit the time, things like that.
>>
>>7990287
>I think people can always be trusted to come up with creative new ways to be awful.
cant argue with that.
>3D printing living sentient humans will be another interesting case for our ethics to catch up to.
something i'm very interested in atm, also with artificial intelligence. will be very interesting to see unfold
>>
>>7990293
Yeah but even if it's nothing productive that's still a third of your precious time on this Earth that you're not even conscious.
>>
>>7990296
I think if progression is made on the printed-people front, it will take decades longer for detailed brainwork to be done, so news coverage will be awkward since they will all act like automatons or feral or something, who knows what

>>7990299
That's true I suppose. I wonder how our ideas of night and day would change.
>>
>>7984544
Remember the most horrible and unfathomable creatures you've ever seen in a horror film?

The sorts of things you wouldn't want to exist on the same plane of reality as? We can make them real.
>>
File: dd_hopeless.png (192 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dd_hopeless.png
192 KB, 400x400
>>7990307
>We can make them real
We can fill giant pits with them, and throw in non-believers
>>
The future sounds exciting.

any one want to make a new age templar trans humanist organization to improve our chances of not ending up as monster slaves?

We can play the good guys.
>>
>>7991999
Only if my clean moralistic perspective is tested by a sea of ethically gray.

To look with augmented eye upon my chlorophyll-green skin, warm from the sun, and wonder, "What am I, if not a monster?"
>>
>>7992190
there will be plenty of that.
in outer haven, men become demons....
fun for everybody!
>>
>>7983434
FPBP
P
B
P
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.