[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this topic has been discused at least one bazillion times.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
I know this topic has been discused at least one bazillion times.

But what are your thoughts abour IQ?

Is there any good way to measure it? Or is it just a hoax to fuck around with normies?
>>
It's a tool to spot crying brainlets that can't deal with reality.
>>
not that important

t. 145 IQ, tested 3 times
>>
>>7974515
OP here, I was tested few times, apparently I'm supposed to have 156+ IQ.

I doubt it though and consider it bullshit.
>>
>>7974487
IQ is definitely not bullshit. If you believe anything that has been proven through rigorous statistical analysis, then you must believe in IQ.
Psychometrics has shown time and time again that IQ is real and has a HUGE effect on the quality of your life.
>>
>>7974487
I know it is not popular here, but it is a fantastic test. It is a great predictor of a wide range of variables related to life outcomes. Particularly when considering it is a test of a few hours predicting events dozens of years later. What more can you reasonably expect of such a test?
>>
I have an IQ of 279 tested 27 times check fuck everyone
>>
>>7974540
> marshmallow test is a greater predictor of success and only takes up to five minutes
>>
>>7974643
You aren't suppose to add the score you get every time
>>
If you want to figure out what is closest to your legit IQ, take this test: iqtest.dk

I got a perfect score, setting me at 145. Got no answers wrong. I also took another test, and got 154.

I took a music-intelligence specific test, and got a perfect score on that as well. What do I think about it? I just view the world more clearly than most people do. I understand things more easily and deeper.
>>
>>7974487
there is literally no reason to believe it is a meaningful test
you could give people an 11th grade math test, that would also probably correlate with their success in life and happiness; but it doesn't mean it's the definition of intelligence
>>
>>7974650
Well played, anon.
>>
>>7974653

>more easily and deeper
>deeper

lel
>>
It is shit.

I've tested on many different forms of tests, state funded and online. Each one resulted in vastly different results. The shitty online ones actually gave more consistent results. Probably due to the fact they copy each others' format while state funded tests keep changing to meet new bullshit standards.
>>
Honestly I'm not sure what to make of it really.

Yeah, you can say that a 130 IQ person has a better grasp of pattern, conceptual and abstract manipulation/ understanding than 70 IQ person but does that imply a completely different view of reality and general understanding?

I mean what is a viable real world comparison to such a situation? Maybe the difference between a trichromat and a tetrachromat?
>>
File: 1457282639015.png (34 KB, 809x808) Image search: [Google]
1457282639015.png
34 KB, 809x808
>>7974487
I have an iq of 124, is that dumb?
>>
Can someone cite research proving IQ is actually meaningful?
>>
>>7974487
Hit and miss.

I've known plenty of people with high IQ's that basically had 0 motivation and wasted their potential fucking off and medium tier IQ people succeeding because hard work can easily trump natural born talent.

You can improve the skills tested in an IQ test and raise your numbers as well.
>>
>>7974911
100 is average. You're smart
>>
>>7974975
thank jesus!

uhh... i mean thank science!
>>
>>7974975
but 99.9% of people are retards who will never achieve anything significant. The cutoff point for smart is like 140 iq if you put any stock into iq (which you shouldnt).
>>
>>7974487
>I know this topic has been discused at least one bazillion times.
Still the brainlet butthurt never gets old.
>>
>>7974970
There's also a correlation between high iq and mental illness like depressions.
>>
>>7975034
Come on, post that freaking image where Lisa Simpson shares an Intelligence-Happiness graph, you desires it.
>>
daily reminder that universal geniuses like von neumann exist who have an immeasurably high IQ (well over 200) AND a perfect eiditic memory even better than savants like kim peek.
>>
>>7975584
Yep

It's best for them to stay hidden in the world we live in today...if you get what I mean...
>>
>>7974515
Kek. This is the correct way to infuriate the insecure
>>
File: 98498498498498.jpg (55 KB, 991x902) Image search: [Google]
98498498498498.jpg
55 KB, 991x902
>>7974650
>>
>>7974487
no its just a hoax like global warming and vaccines :>

I mean testing intelligence, come on seriously
>>
>>7974650
SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>7974734
>you can say that a 130 IQ person has a better grasp of pattern, conceptual and abstract manipulation/ understanding than 70 IQ person but does that imply a completely different view of reality and general understanding?

Now that you mention it, YES.
>>
>>7974487
welcome to /sci/ what's your IQ?
>>
>>7975944
Wouldn't a person with an IQ of 70 have Down's syndrome of something? So yeah, there grasp of things would certainly appear to be different
>>
File: iq_chart.jpg (73 KB, 590x443) Image search: [Google]
iq_chart.jpg
73 KB, 590x443
>>7975979
Someone with down syndrome has an IQ of around 50. My cousin had an IQ of 70 and was able to hold a (menial) job and live on her own. She even got married and had a child... though it eventually gotten taken away by the State because she kept shaking it. Pretty sad TB H
>>
>>7976045
Oh.. hope they're both doing OK
>>
File: IVCGfAj.jpg (34 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
IVCGfAj.jpg
34 KB, 600x800
>>7976089
Why?
>>
>>7976095
I just thought it was rough for her to get a child, at least that's what her behavior of shaking it would suggest. Also, having been mistreated by your own mother and subsequently taken away from her by the state sounds equally rough from the child's perspective. However, maybe it was for the best for both of them. As to why you would hope for them doing OK, it just sounded like a sad story and I got sentimental I think
>>
>>7976122
>empathy on 4chan

What a time to be alive!
>>
i'm essentially a god-tier genius that only comes about once in every 50,000 years of humanity...a one-in-50 billion chance. however my tested IQ is only about 138 and im not a genius at school work, merely pretty good.

my ability is my ability to work back to base principles and solve most or all of the world's most difficult philosophical riddles. I am in the process currently of proving P != NP by essentially going back to metamathematics.
>>
>>7976124
That does happen you know
>>
File: 1427572936688.jpg (170 KB, 1053x727) Image search: [Google]
1427572936688.jpg
170 KB, 1053x727
>>7976045
Your cursor is in the image.
>>
But are there any articles or surveys about actual meaning/importance of IQ tests?

Any ideas where to search for it?
>>
>>7976622
IQ is just a social construct used to oppress PoC. :^)
>>
IQ is supposed to predict the rate at which you can learn. People with high IQ's are supposed to be able to skip grades, people with low IQ's are held back.

It's easier to measure IQ in hindsight, than it is to predict IQ.

Also, yes, this has been discussed to death.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.