[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sci/ I want to change my life. Lately I have been zoning out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: rhino beetle.jpg (944 KB, 2048x1095) Image search: [Google]
rhino beetle.jpg
944 KB, 2048x1095
/sci/ I want to change my life. Lately I have been zoning out because I feel like I'm stuck in a routine and it's making me sick. I've never felt as fulfilled as when I was back in high school learning, but my family was going through a lot of struggles back then. I'm a romantic so I thought of following more fleeting dreams, but now I'm being realistic. I want to go to university and do something worthwhile with my life, and to make my mother proud. When I see the people around me I just get tired.

But I need more opportunities in order to better myself. I already consider myself very capable and want to put the work in (along with other hobbies and projects of mine). How can I into science/math from scratch? What can you recommend I do in order to get good at math in my free time?
>>
>>7973171
What do you mean by "from scratch". What do you know already?

Also I don't know about america but here in europe you can just enroll at university for like 300€. So just do that an do as much of the basic courses in whatever subject you want to as you have time for. Just expect a lot of frustration at the start bc the pace at university seems to overexert students that aren't used to it.

If you feel like you don't remember enough from high school to enroll directly, here in germany pretty much all better universities give courses for non-students for a small nominal fee (like 30€ here in Berlin) where everything you should know before starting your studies is rehearsed. It's basically all of college (for that subject) in sth like a month.
>>
>>7973171
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki//sci/_Wiki

Though to be brutally honest I don't see someone like you having a very fulfilling career in current economic climate even if you get through your degree, at best you'll probably end up in some tech/finance job that is about as interesting at whatever monotomous thing you're doing for money right now.

Good luck though. My advice is to study and develop for your own interest, not for the promise of a job you will never get. There are plenty of qulaity free textbooks available online, don't burn time and money on university untill you've developed in your own time.
>>
>>7973525
Can anyone get into university in Europe? I thought it had strict admission requirements, or anyone just study at some of your shittier institutions (assuming there are some non-shit ones)?
>>
>>7973171

What discipline are you interested in the most?
>>
>>7973525
I unfortunately live in the US and am struggling just to afford university in general. Thinking if I get good I can take more math-centric courses.

>>7973557
Strangely enough in my high school I was good at physics despite not taking calculus or anything beyond, but then again the math was probably easier. What I'm looking for is maybe a series or books that'll teach me that aren't as expensive as text books. Youtube or online courses too maybe?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.