[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are no numbers below 0 >Oh wait now there are but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1403726100221.jpg (19 KB, 418x239) Image search: [Google]
1403726100221.jpg
19 KB, 418x239
>There are no numbers below 0
>Oh wait now there are but everything becomes backwards

>Addition and subtraction are two very different things and you can't add a negative number
>Oh wait now subtraction was all a lie and you can only add numbers

>Whatever is left over after division is the reminder spend the rest of the year learning how they work
>Oh wait now it's a fraction and we are going to devote another year of your life to learning how they work
>Oh wait now it's a decimal and we are going to devote another year of your life to learning how they work
>Oh wait now everything's a graph and numbers aren't even real, or imaginary

I could go on but you get my point.
Why do they do this to kids?
>>
>>7971581
>i took the short bus to school
>>
File: 1403725989881.jpg (19 KB, 350x256) Image search: [Google]
1403725989881.jpg
19 KB, 350x256
>>7971585
>I was an honor student at a poor southern school and this how I was taught
>>
Agreed. Counting and arithmetic is subsumed by field theory as a special case, and this is how it should be taught.
>>
>>7971581
>Why do they do this to kids?

Everything is oversimplified because
>it makes things easy to present
>The "kids are small so clearly they're also dumb as fuck"-fallacy at work
>>
>>7971581
Lower levels of institutionalised education are just there for show
>>
>>7971599
Kids are dumb as fuck.
>>
>>7971581
None of these things contradict each other. They're just different ways to present the same thing.
>>
>>7971599
To be fair, kids do have lower cognitive abilities. The problem is more about the teachers who refuse to answer to the questions of children that go beyond the scope of the course. If a kid asks a question about something he's supposed to learn the next year, it means that he's already smart enough to learn it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.