[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /sci/ I want to transform pic related the orange into a simple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Hey /sci/ I want to transform pic related the orange into a simple function.
So that I can predict the boiling point of any n-alkanes by doing simply math.
Is there any software for that?

It look like a log function to me
>>
I did some excel stuff to get a standardized evolution to erraze little mistakes.

How can I get the global function?
>>
>>7968812
>what is excel
>>
File: Boiling-Points-of-Alkanes.jpg (114 KB, 745x600) Image search: [Google]
Boiling-Points-of-Alkanes.jpg
114 KB, 745x600
Other pic.
>>
>>7968815
I did made one, where can I click to get a function?
Is there a tool?
>>
>>7968819
Create a plot, hover over it, press the plus sign, press the arrow next to "Trendline," click more options, go over to the panel on the right side, select logarithmic, check the box that says show equation.

Congrats you can put excel on your resume now.
>>
>>7968830
I already did that, what I want is a something like f(x)= ??? of what I made.
I want the formula.
>>
Please answer.

I want something like f(x)=???x + ???
>>
>>7968812
>>7968835
>>7968868
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curve_fitting
>>
>>7968906
Thanks nigga
>>
I recently made a piece of software for non-linear regression analysis. I will release it under free license soon, and I will post it once it's done.
>>
Take logs then use regression to find a straight line and reverse back to a non-logarithmic equation
>>
>>7968928

Literally any stats program including excel can do this
>>
>>7968814
>using excel
didn't realise it was so underage in here
>>
use desmos, plot the data and then write y~a*lnx+b, it will find the best values for a and b
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.