[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you rate the education you got out of your Highschool?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
How would you rate the education you got out of your Highschool?
I'd give my a decent 4/10 since for a long time the school couldn't find anyone to teach Algebra and had to hire substitutes that weren't qualified every time. All the other courses don't even matter since they were pretty easy and we just watched videos or do group readings of chapters most of the time.
>>
7/10

the AP classes were usually quite a bit harder than their college equivalents. About 2 or 3 of my teachers were really great
>>
2/10
School was being shut down pretty soon, all the long-term teachers were leaving and for the last year before my actual GCSEs I had substitutes in nearly all lessons.
Only passed through thorough online revision; I guess that was probably the only benefit of not having friends/a social life
>>
File: morris.jpg (42 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
morris.jpg
42 KB, 329x500
I had a good chemistry teacher. Shame he was a vicious, sadistic paedophile who presided over a regime of casual violence and institutionalised abuse.
>>
Judging by my last hear courses in the high school equivalent in my country :

Math 9/10
French 8.5/10, we read a lot of cool books there
German 4/10
Italian 2/10
English 8/10, didn't learn anything but we read some good classics, such as 1984 and Macbeth
Philosophy 10/10
History 7.5/10
Physical Education 8/10
Computer Science 7.5/10
>>
>>7968344

Math 2/10 - They tried, but they didn't offer anything beyond basic calculus senior year.
Languages - Almost all of the foreign language teachers had either retired or left; all we had was a closet racist of a Spanish teacher.
English and arts - 4/10 - Moderate opportunity if that's what you're into.
History - 4/10 - Same as above.
Computer science - 1/10 - Taught by a guy who didn't even study or work in CS at any point in his life. He's a nice guy, but it was definitely a 'teach yourself' class.

Overall, 2/10. My view is a bit jaded, though, because I went to Columbia for my undergrad and Princeton for graduate; most of my peers came in with an advantage compared to me.
>>
File: wint.png (20 KB, 572x134) Image search: [Google]
wint.png
20 KB, 572x134
>>7967674

Math - 3/10, great teacher but only precalculus was offered
History 8/10, teachers were great
English - 8/10 The teacher was demanding and very critical, but she made me a better writer.
Spanish - 2/10. We never got beyond speaking disconnected sentences in two years. That's what happens when your Spanish teacher is a white midwestern lady
Shop/Industrial arts 7/10 - I didn't know it at the time this class set me up for an engineering career
P/E - 10/10 - got to play floor hockey every day
Chemistry - 5/10 - Taught by a squirly guy who let the class steamroll him
Physics - 10/10 - Did everything from circuits to flight simulators. First class I got a 100% in
Biology - 7/10 - Got to disect dogfish and my teacher didn't shy away from teaching evolution, not a small feat in a small town
Music 5/10 - Somehow they let a tonedeaf person (me) go to state choir

Overall - 5/10. The small classes were nice (I graduated with 20 kids), but it's hard to push yourself when you are literally the smartest person in your class. Also, no AP classes really sucked.
>>
9/10. All my teachers had PhDs in their field, it was amazing being able to ask these guys my trivial questions.

My fellow students were all highly motivated and i learned just as much from them as I did my teachers

-1 because I did have a mental breakdown at one point due to my school's pressured environment, but that was mostly my fault desu.
>>
>>7967674
Last 2 years (A-levels for all fellow britbongs)
-Maths 8/10 Really enjoyable & teachers were reasonably relaxed since we had a small class and covered material quickly
Physics 9/10 Really fun lessons, we'd do a bunch of experiments, plot some graphs, talk about it and take some notes. Really liked it exept for the astro section that made me cry
Chem 1/10 Dull AF. For organic our teacher would drag out the work that we could do in one lesson over like 2 weeks. It was so painful. The physical and inorganic was even worse, she'd rush through stuff saying we must finish now or we won't have time even though she wasted a good 1/3 of our lessons that could have been spent going through the stuff slower. To make it worse, we had a bunch of the sports people take chemistry (thought it was gonna be an easy subject the fuckin' plebs) Basically had to teach muself the entire course. But then went on to study chem at uni so what do I know.

Not the last 2 years
English -10/10 Horrible, hated evey second of it and had a stress-relieving book burning session after the last exam
French 10/10 Great banter, fun lessons
German 7/10 was alright, a bit dull though
Maths 8/10 was stuck in a set with a bunch of lazy faggots who refused to do any work
Biology 9/10 One of the best teachers ever - covered material quicly and went into real depth
Physics 9/10 Again a good teacher made it seem ore interesting than t probably was
Chemsitry 6/10 had the same boring ass teacher as we do now
Gography 7/10 was alright quite dull though
>>
>>7968344
>math 10/10 due to some humurous neckbeard
>mother language 2/10
>engrish 7/10 (depends on which teacher)
>history 7/10 due to boring curriculum but good classes
>computer science 7/10
>geography 10/10 perfect shit
>biography 7/10 (could have focused more on cells and human biology but we spent 2 and a half years on fucking invertebrates and fucking reptilians, birds and amphibians)
>chemistry 8/10 but wasn't really interested

overall 6, maybe 7/10
>>
>>7967674

I'd give the teaching a 2/10

But the curriculum was excellent. I learned basically first year engineering maths in high school because of the courses available
>>
>>7968152
Triggered!

But yeah seriously anon that sucks. Sorry to hear.
>>
>>7968445
All of your high school teachers had PhDs???? So you went to Phillips Exeter Academy?
>>
>>7967674

>advanced classes for English - 10/10
>6/10 at math - emotionally disengaged, though
>German was 10/10
>Chemistry 10/10
>French 4/10
>Biology- bored memorization and interrupting teachers 7/10
>anxiety, undiagnosed ADHD and bully normies raped my esteem

Online revision helped me along.
>>
>>7967674
What sort of rat is this
>>
>>7972207
It's an otter.
>>
Around a 7/10 average, math was great, probably a 9/10 but science had teachers who stole powerpoints from online and fucked around half of the year so 4/10. Everything else was pretty good though
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.