[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Engineering Intelligence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 105947.jpg (217 KB, 1680x1260) Image search: [Google]
105947.jpg
217 KB, 1680x1260
Discuss the genes that significantly affect intelligence. In this thread intelligence will be defines as the abilities required to be an ideal math student.

Also, Is it possible for the military has a secret reserve of geniuses or genetically engineered people to be used in a time of war?

If so, are the rest of us just leftovers?
>>
>>7967639
>geniuses used in a time of war

Andy dumbass can pull a trigger
>>
>debate something that scientists don't know shit about it yet
Gee, I wonder where is this going.
>>
i have this image of the mods here being 12 year old japanese kids
>>
>>7967651
What do think theorists do?

You realize that scientists debated whether photons traveled in an ether we couldn't interact with instead of a vacuum. Our current theories arose from competing hypothesis.
>>
>>7967663
>scientific method needs "coherent" hypothesis
>those scientists actually handled esoteric info
Ok, Mr. theorist, show me those biogenetic info leaks.
>>
>>7967667
Why would we need a leak to discuss the genetics of intelligence?
>>
>>7967669
Weren't you talking about genetics?

Scientists who work on that topic are biogenetic researchers.
>>
>>7967651
to eugenism. Pretty easily solved.
Nah, seriously, how does the /sci/ can think that some genes are better than other. That means we know more about life than the life itself does. And this is ridiculous. We can't. The whole idea of evolution still isn't clear at all, so how can we think we can predict what is the best suited gene for the human race while we don't even know what happened to the Neanderthali ?
>>
>>7967696
>anthropologic focus
Yeah, it's truly interesting learning from paleohistorians. I hope those multimillionaires keep funding those brain research projects.
>>
Best talk I've seen on the genetic nature of intelligence and what we currently know so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62jZENi1ed8
>>
>>7967723
>fenotype aspect of the "intelligence"
>no explanation of genes correlated to intelligence
>genetics=hereditary topics
Is that all?
>>
>>7967723
Thank you for this. If you have anything similar to this I would greatly appreciate it?
>>
>>7967723
>5 years
These multimillionaries can't fund fast enough.
>>
>>7967651
>>7967662
>>7967740
Why are you trying to suppress an open discussion about a controversial topic?
>>
>>7967639
>soldier needs to be smart
Youre fucking dumb. Soldiers can't actually be smart because if they are they will start asking questions and realize they're wasting their life.
>>
>>7967746
>suppress
We are bumping your thread, anon.
Also, scientists don't know shit about the genetic aspect of intelligence.
What is there to discuss?
>>
>>7967747
My apologies, that was a bad was to phrase it.

By military I was referring to the actual soldiers but more to the scientists that work in the military.

For instance, people similar to John Von Neumann.
>>
>>7967639
I read the thread name as engineering and assumed pic related was purple dildos
>>
OP obviously has no idea how genetics work.

The way you were raised probably has more to do with whether or not you like and/or are good at math.
>>
>>7967746
>pointing out the futility of discussion of a topic is suppression
You're threatened because your topicfu a shit
>>
>>7967650
He's talking about researchers/strategists
>>
>>7967639
We don't know what they are. Simple as that. Additionally it is useful to move beyond the "genes that affect intelligence" phrasing of this question to "polymorphic sites in the genome that affect intelligence". The latter implies that there may be multiple causative sites within single genes that impact intelligence as well as sites in regulatory, non-protein coding regions of the genome.

Most researchers now agree that for traits such as intelligence there are many (~10,000) such sites in the genome. Because the effect of any site on intelligence is so small, it is very difficult to detect unless very large sample sizes (10,000+) are used.

Some people have theoretically argued that all variation in a trait like intelligence should be recoverable with a sample size of 1 million genomes. Given that little more than 250,000 whole genomes have yet been sequenced ever, we are largely in the dark regarding the relationship between molecular genetics and intelligence in any real sense.

Some smaller scale studies looking at specific spots in the genome have been tried, but often fail to replicate. The better studies now aggregate data across various research sites and meta analyze it to boost statistical power.

http://diginole.lib.fsu.edu/islandora/object/fsu:207682/datastream/PDF/view
>>
File: 20160331_232348.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160331_232348.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Can anyone help me with my yr 11 engineering report? Our teacher gave it to us and went on leave and left us with a casual teacher that doesnt teach us, im completely lost on what to do, is about polymers ( dont know wyf its upside down )
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.