[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does h approach zero such that we get derivatives? if we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (13 KB, 978x1026) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13 KB, 978x1026
how does h approach zero such that we get derivatives? if we can't have it be zero, how do we get a function which outputs every value of the instant change of y/x?

i know i'm stupid. i apologize for that. but i will not give up.
>>
>>7965758
you should revise the formal definition of the limit to get a better picture of what it means for h to approach 0
>>
>>7965758

Because we're looking at the limit as [math]h \rightarrow 0[/math]
>>
>>7965758
Are you that guy from before who kept talking about atoms and denying the concept of limits?
>>
You are "approaching" zero, you never actually arrive at zero.
>>
Basically you're approaching zero getting infinatly close, which means we can for all intents and purposes it is zero...even though it isn't actually zero.
>>
>>7966554
>intents and purposes it is zero

Pre calc babby detected?

Have you ever heard of the expression 0/0 being undefined?

Well, riddle me this batman, what is exactly happening when you cancel all the h's when you are derivating using the limit.

If your pre-calc class is good enough and you are able to answer me that question then congratulations, you have realized that no, for all intents and purposes it is NOT zero.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.