[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Physics thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (436 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
436 KB, 1680x1050
Hey, /sci/, can someone teach me the basics of physics?
>>
What do you want to know, exactly?
>>
>>7965761
Light? Can somebody teach me about light in physics?
>>
>>7965756

Why don't you learn it yourself?

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Physics_Textbook_Recommendations

https://sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/subjects/physics

Also, this place is not ideal for questions like that. Visit physicsforums if you need any help.

https://www.physicsforums.com/
>>
>>7965773
>>7965761
Holy shit this is the nicest board on 4chan. Thanks guys.
>>
If you just want to learn basic information out of interest then I think reading beginner level magazines and watching summarized videos would be good enough, if you want to go deeper then pick up a textbook or watch recorded lectures online.
>>
>>7965809
Fine.
The first semester of physics covers mechanics, the motions, angular and linear, of objects that are large enough to be observed easily. Through algebraic and trigonometric manipulations, you can predict the behavior of almost any object that is set into motion with a given speed and rate of acceleration.
The second semester is typically an introductory course to Electricity and Magnetism (although some courses will include a section on thermodynamics, gas physics, the final temperature of a system when two substances are mixed together, etc.) This one is a little tricky, because you typically need the material in it in academia before you get a chance to take multivariable calculus, which is fundamental to some specific concepts in it.
The third semester can be quite a few things, depending on where you're going. I took "Modern Physics," last semester, which actually deals with "light" in a sense. Your picture is actually a bunch of formulas from such a course. The diagrams at the bottom are ray tracing diagrams for a concave mirror and a lens.
I only wanted to kill myself a little bit while taking it. You'll probably have more fun, if you don't cram a bunch of shit into that semester like I did.

That's the best I can convey these concepts with you without just giving you my old notebooks.
>>
>>7965790
>nicest
It depends on the topic, some things get toxic really quickly
>>
>>7965790
No, it's just that you only visit the shit ones.
>>
>>7965790
That's just the Redditors.

Now get out.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.