[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you think dinosaurs can't be cloned your an idiot. We
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (254 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
image.png
254 KB, 500x357
If you think dinosaurs can't be cloned your an idiot.
We could activate ancestral genes in the ancestors of dinosaurs, such as chickens.
However, strands of DNA are being found from all sorts of prehistoric animals, such as T-Rex and Velociraptors, dinosaurs will come back in less than a century, /sci/.
>>
File: BARK.jpg (5 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
BARK.jpg
5 KB, 278x181
BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK
>>
>>7965732
what the fuck
>>
>>7965709
>ancestors of dinosaurs, such as chickens
End yourself
>>
>>7965709
>>7965709
im a geneticist and idk what you're babbling about. the genetic material among all species is highly conserved. if not exact matches, we have gene orthologues in most other creatures. It's at the point where we are 75% similar to the worm C. elegans and share 95% genetic material with chimpanzees.

this means that dinosaurs are probably really similar since there are other "living fossils" like aligators, sharks and horseshoe crabs that we share genes with. unfortunately, genetics is at a point where we know so much and so little at the same time.

we have no clue what so many sequences do. How can we turn chickens into raptors if we cant tell you what X coding sequence even does?

Eventually we will learn EVERY mechanism of action for every gene and every protein. Then when we BLAST the chicken, we can go ahh yea! This will change this during development and this will change that!

right now, we cant.
>>
LEAVE THE DINOSAURS ALONE!!!
>>
They wont be dinosaurs, they'll be theme park monsters
>>
>>7965709
>your an idiot.
Fine i posted to your bait are you happy you attention whore
>>
>>7965709
>real life jurassic park
i want to believe but >>7965784 is right and we wont be alive for it unless medical science has some massive breakthroughs they share for cheap
>>
File: Space Jam 2.jpg (32 KB, 404x414) Image search: [Google]
Space Jam 2.jpg
32 KB, 404x414
as a paleontologist, I am compelled to say OP is a faggot
>>
well they can at least make a chicken with the face of a dinosaur

not sure that's much use tbqh

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150512-bird-grows-face-of-dinosaur
>>
>>7965787
This guys hot now btw
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.