[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
memorize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: memorize.jpg (166 KB, 950x726) Image search: [Google]
memorize.jpg
166 KB, 950x726
how to memorize alot of shit in a few days,

any ways of doing so in a few days?
>>
>>7963273
Don't get intoxicated and spend as much time as possible doing it.

Fucking notecards man.
>>
>>7963273
By not being retarded.
>>
>>7963273
supermemo shit or the free alternatives

http://lifehacker.com/382629/supermemo-helps-you-remember-everything-before-you-forget
>>
step one: gtfo of 4chan

there aren't more steps
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemonic

>see #5
>>
>>7963273

Cramming
Interleaving

SELF TESTING

otherwise ur probably fucked and will need to cram, you won't remember most of it after a couple weeks (if that) but yeah, cramming does work for very short term recall.
>>
Mnemonics such as turning words into memorable images based on what they sound like and then placing them in memory journies/stories. It's most effective if you can place images on specific points of a path you take often but if not you can create a short random story.

See >>7963727 for specifics, looks like it covers all the important ones.
Journey technique is definitely one of the important basics. If you need to memorize numbers check out major/dominic system but I doubt you do.

An example of a mnemonic story is one I used for memorizing four groups of parasitic nematodes. Basically I'd already memorized the names themselves through repetition but I had to memorize a ton of different taxonomic groups so I had a hard time remembering what they even were, sometimes getting them mixed up with flatworms and shit. So I used this story to remember (the words may not really sound like what I'm using them to remember):

Asterix on roids (Ascaroids) fishing with worms on a hook as bait (hookworms), catches a jacked FLAvia (FiLAroids, also Flavia is just someone I know personally), but the body explodes into a dark shroud to reveal an ugly man who shouts TRICKED (Trichinellids)

that got me points on 1/40 multiple choice questions I had in the first section of my exam
I used similarly autistic stories for other parts of my lecture material
>>
google "anki"

youre fucking welcome, enjoy
>>
>>7963273
Memrise and Ankidroid
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.