[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the universe have to come from anything? I mean, considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 600px-CMB_Timeline300_no_WMAP.jpg (61 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
600px-CMB_Timeline300_no_WMAP.jpg
61 KB, 600x390
Why does the universe have to come from anything? I mean, considering how insignificant we are and how little we can physically grasp about our universe, why can't the universe just be? Why does it have to have a source just because we say it does
>>
>>7957899
Serious people don't say that it has to have a source. It isn't proven that it has one, it isn't proven that it doesn't.

The fact that some people want to believe that it has an origin comes from either life experience and common sense bias, or from a cultural idea that things must have been created in order to exist. I hear some asian cultures don't see things that way.
>>
>>7957899
So you believe the universe has (or at least possibly has) always existed?
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 480x258) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 480x258
Awhile ago when I was showering I had left my phone in my room so I was just alone to think lol and I sorta came to my own personal conclusion of this;

When you try really hard you fail, with light there's dark, with life there's death and I kinda realized everything is basically an opposite, and I thought deeper about it and kinda thought, the opposite of everything is nothing and that's how I rationalize believing the universe came from nothing because the like I said a moment ago, the opposite of everything is nothing.
>>
>>7958163

Interesting thought. I think we as humans get caught up thinking we have to find a reason for everything. The fact of the matter is, the average human span is about ~70 years and the universe is billions of billions of years old according to us. How can we even begin to rationalize that? Its like an ant trying to make sense of the entire Earth. We aren't physically capable, nor have the tools to even begin understanding a beginning and an end because all we know is existence .
>>
>>7958139

I don't necessarily believe it, but Im trying to understand why it couldn't be a possibility.
>>
>>7958509
Yeah definitely...and lots of people get Caught up in the vast nothingness of it all and don't realize that even though we don't know a lot about the huge Galaxy, every person still matters and makes an impact.
>>
>As I looked out into the night sky, across all those infinite stars, it made me realize how insignificant they are.

- Peter Cook
>>
>>7958163
ita called the book of changes. or I-ching.
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 800x820
>>7957899
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.