[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have kids /sci/? What kind of education did they have?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: education.jpg (287 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
education.jpg
287 KB, 800x500
Do you have kids /sci/? What kind of education did they have? If you don't, what kind of education would you want your kids to have? Do you think you could raise them into a prodigy?
>>
> do you have kids /sci/?
jesus christ more than half of us are still in highschool and begging others to do homeworks, other half are still in uni or recent unemployed graduate NEET faggots. Getting married isn't even on the list.
>>
>>7953924
This.
>>
>>7953924
I have been here for too long
>>
33 year old step dad here. My wife's son is not brain damaged like seriously doesn't have down syndrome but is really really naive, ignorant, and dumb. I'm not saying that to be mean it's just true.

Last week or so I've been trying to help him with his school work since he's borderline failing. He might actually fail this grade. He's always been like this but the way I figure it teachers passed him up to now to help themselves. The pattern is every single day he comes home with his homework done COMPLETELY wrong. like on average 10-15% right an the rest totally wrong. He can't explain things to us because his communication skills are shot and he barely reads so his vocabulary is severely limited. It takes us about 3-4 hours every single day to even get him half way done with his homework and by the time it hits bed time he just doesn't have time to attempt doing the rest. My wife led to him being like this by letting him play video games and watch tv literally 90% of his life and she has always given him answers instead of challenging him.

I never wanted kids but want kids less with her because I wouldn't want to see my natural born son end up like that.

>inb4 you're a dick, get divorced you cuck

I'm alright for the most part with all this, like I said he's not my kid. He's her kid.
>>
>>7953987
get off of 4chan for christs sake
jesus christ
>>
>>7953924
who let the pimplefaced virgin faggots in?

im married and neither me nor the wife want brats

kids are a plague, humans are a plague
>>
>>7953987
>My wife's son
>>
File: 00c.png (25 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
00c.png
25 KB, 625x626
>>7953990
>>7954000

samefag

Someone from /b/ come get this faggot I think he's lost.
>>
>>7954001
I feel sorry for the poor chap, I mean if I was OP I would be sick of his shit but just reading it all I see is someone growing up into a cruel world.

I hope he stays dumb enough to be happy...
>>
>>7953987 #
He has a legitimate learning disability. You ought to consider getting him to a different kind of school.

He might be gifted in a strange ass area though so don't give up on him.
>>
>>7953997
You are both white aren't you
>>
>>7953997
> who let the pimplefaced virgin faggots in?
> humans are a plague
dropped your fedora there while you were thinking so deep :^)
>>
>>7954016

One of the things is that like I said it's my wife's son. I really am limited as to what I am able to do and what's worth fighting for. I literally mean fighting. I used to try to give him chores and have him do stuff and figure stuff out and my wife has this disgusting habit of robbing him of any opportunity to learn. I swear, I could tell him to hook up a Playstation and my wife will look at me like I'm setting him up to build a house. I just expect him to look at it, analyze it, see if he can make sense of the parts and shit and maybe hook it up. It's not impossible. If he can't do it oh well. She won't even want him to try, she'll take over the project and have him stand around twiddling his fingers and long behold it actually became her project to do. This is one example. It's shit like this over his 12 years of life (I've known him since he was 3) he's missed out on. He is supposed to ead 30 minutes a day AT LEAST. I would be surprised if he reads 30 minutes a month at home on his free time.

The sad thing is I recognize that he will do anything to get away with NOT doing his work because he's impatient and wants to go watch TV or play his video games and I was the SAME exact way when I was younger. I really messed up in school. That's why I know he's not retarded, he's just a lazy shortcut taker with almost no motivation and I'm sure he has severe confidence issues. I tell my wife this stuff and it goes in one ear and out the other.
>>
>>7953987
How old is he? It sounds like he has a learning disability and not reading doesn't explain his inability to properly communicate with you. Most people don't read but they still talk plenty. Has he been checked for Asperger's or any other disorders? Do you know if his biological father had similar issues?
>>
>>7953987
I was thinking of adopting a kid. The way you make it sound, and the way a lot of people have told me as well, it's a much different kind of love when you know it's not yours.
>>
>>7954131

Yeah, with an adoption I'm pretty sure your chances of accepting the child are not %100 like a typical parent that accepts their kid no matter what.

At the same time I think there is a benefit to him not being my real son. A lot of times my wife gets more mad with him than I do. I keep my cool a lot of times because well, I don't expect all that much from him where she does because she's his mom I guess so she doesn't want to see him fail. To me it's like If you fail you fail, I tried to help. With a real parent I suppose they wouldn't be that passive.
>>
>>7954131
It doesn't have to be that way. Both of my parents are adopted. My dad's parents, while not perfect, never made either of their two adopted children feel like anything but their "real" children. My mum had some issues with her mum but a great relationship with her dad. If I ever decide I want a children, I'd adopt. I'm too scared of the child being born disabled even though I know the chances are slim. I wouldn't want to be responsible for that. Also, when you adopt a child, you're doing something good for them, if you have you're own, you're just doing it for yourself.
>>
>>7954176
Rather than fearing disability, I fear having a spoiled/retarded brat. If I had a biological son, his mother would probably disagree about my preferred method of raising him, the whole thing would be counterproductive. Perks of being single I guess.
>>
>>7953919
Not necessarily a prodigy but my approach would differ from the current trend. In short:

I value competition, whether sports/scholastics, but the pressure should never be there. I will give them every opportunity to be the best, and try to limit excuses.

I'm far less trusting in school curriculum than my parents were. Hopefully I won't have the "stars in my eyes" my parents had with me, and will push for better opportunities and schedule than I got.

I think the two areas I lack in personal development are responsibility and discipline. I would like to instill these values better in my kids.

I don't necessarily believe or strive for my kids to be a prodigy, but I've met some amazing people with godly work ethics and unbelievable opportunity that pushes me to want that for my kids.
>>
File: A proper education.png (119 KB, 1216x970) Image search: [Google]
A proper education.png
119 KB, 1216x970
>>7953919
If you want your kids to learn math and science, you have to teach them yourself.
>>
>>7954018
World going down shitter, whites ain't stupid. What white person wants to be dragged into heel by the Chinese, Africans, South Americans and Punjab to name a few competing species?

Quality of life rapidly approaching zero for most on the planet. The decision is relative but for most a no brainer. For myself, first thing to teach offspring would be, your life will be shittier than mine - why bother?
>>
>>7954261

I can't understand why some people don't think rationally when it comes to reproducing. I can't help but realize that a unborn child is perfectly fine being unborn. Why grant him something that is just destined to be taken away?. Why bless him with the problems that plague planet Earth. I mean sure there are great moments he might enjoy but there are bad moments he will certainly experience. I'm not sure why people aren't ok with that. Also introducing a child into your own world guarantees you pain as well by knowing you will be taken from him before he grow up or if he even outlives you. The selfishness of these people that have children is very strong in the area of having a baby and having a family. It's a curse.
>>
>>7954335
I was thinking more like, if it has a good chance of living a better life than yours, and you can swing it, go for it. For most in the first world, this isn't the case anymore. For most of the third, I duno, and they don't care, perhaps they think like animals. It will end badly.

For those that do, better groom them for something. I remember how they manufactured tiger woods, his father was in the army, it was a drill sergeant thing. Even though Tiger maybe isn't happy most days, he at least has more money than he knows what to do with.
>>
>>7953987
I wouldn't immediately jump to a learning disability. If your step-son isn't interested in homework then it becomes an obstacle to whatever he wants to do, like you said video games. If you asked him to show you how to do something he liked you'd probably see an entirely different side of him.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.