[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can IQ be increased or is it genetic? >mfw most jobs these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: sad-pepe.png (139 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
sad-pepe.png
139 KB, 917x871
Can IQ be increased or is it genetic?

>mfw most jobs these days require you to sit an online IQ test before they decide to call you for an interview
>>
Part genetic, part educational, part environmental. Yes it can be increased.
>>
>>7951430
You shouldn't want to work for a company that promotes pseudoscience anyway.
>>
>>7951430
>IQ tests for job interviews
America ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>7951450
>pseudoscience

Source?
>>
>>7951450
>implying most people have a choice to choose what job they want to do
>>
>>7951430
>IQ tests for jobs

what the fuck
>>
>>7951453
We have that in Sweden aswell
>>
>>7951504
I think its common everywhere. Its mainly to filter out all the /r9k/ type autistic splerglords
>>
>>7951430
online IQ test? just have someone smarter than yourself do it

i bet you can get have some chinese dude get you 160 for $3
>>
>>7951524
Its not that easy m8. Increasingly companies are forcing you to do an extra IQ test right at their offices if you pass the online test.
>>
>>7951535

Why are you worried?

The majority of people are retarded, you don't need to be a genius to get past their screening
>>
File: Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-Enough-15.gif (173 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-Enough-15.gif
173 KB, 600x630
>>7951536
b-b-because I am retarded...

My IQ is 102 and my comprehension skills are poor.
>>
>>7951540

Then stop shitposting and start reading books. Even fiction works fine
>>
>>7951540
why do you post on /sci/ with a 101 IQ? I fail to see what you could get from if, I assume most people here have at least a stem degree

also adderal supposedly boosts your IQ a few points
>>
>>7951657
I can easily do advanced vector calculus but if you start asking me anything to do with logic or probability my brain just shuts down.
>>
>>7951458
>Not knowing where the burden of proof falls
>>
>>7951464
But you literally do. Everyone does unless they are a slave or being threatened into a job with their life. It's as simple as working harder.
>>
>>7951430
Yes, play more videogames
>>
>>7951691
On the person asserting a claim. So you.
>>
>>7951430
Just buy a couple of IQ test question books and git good
>>
It's proven you can increase your score by practicing the IQ tests.
>>
>>7951430
IQ is completely determined by your genetics. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>7951970
wrong. IQ is around 50% determined by genes.
but past a certain age (say 25) it's very unlikely to increase. In fact, at around 27 it starts degrading.
>>
File: 1457748610951.jpg (39 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1457748610951.jpg
39 KB, 500x750
>mfw most jobs these days require you to sit an online IQ test before they decide to call you for an interview

What fucking jobs do that shit?

I've experienced jobs that require a technical test or live demonstration of "x" skill but never an IQ test.

And I'm talking about jobs that pay around the 75k range. Am I missing something here?
>>
>>7951672
You're probably just autistic honestly, that doesn't mean you're stupid.
>>
File: gottfredson-iq-chart.png (48 KB, 595x538) Image search: [Google]
gottfredson-iq-chart.png
48 KB, 595x538
>>7951430

Mostly genetic

https://jaymans.wordpress.com/jaymans-race-inheritance-and-iq-f-a-q-f-r-b/

Tough Truths

> IQ doesn’t lend itself to much environmental manipulation – indeed, interventions that attempt to boost IQ have all met with failure. As well, IQ remains predictive even when measured in youth. It is predictive even when one controls for things like socioeconomic status (say during childhood). Indeed, the best control for this, looking at different siblings within a family, finds that IQ is predictive of real world outcomes between siblings – the sibling with the higher IQ tends to do better.

>As this shows, the heritability of IQ and of behavioral traits is consistently high, reaching into the 0.8-0.9+ range. This means, out of a group of people, at least 80-90% of the overall differences between them (known as the “variance” in statistical parlance) can be attributed to genetic differences between them.
>>
>>7952057

Can I mention how stupid that picture is considering the flynn effect?

Seriously though if the IQ average constantly increases (or hell even decreases) within a population throughout the centuries how can you determine a potential profession in jobs like sales, teaching or chemistry by a number/range?

Just the fact IQ tests have to be re-accessed every few years to maintain some form of accuracy means details like having a 110-120 IQ to be a manager or teacher is inherently wrong. Especially when it's not even specifying what's being managed or taught.

With training potential I can see the merit but career potential is bullshit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.