[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NASA launch right now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: spesslaunch.jpg (19 KB, 634x509) Image search: [Google]
spesslaunch.jpg
19 KB, 634x509
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-hd-tv/pop-out

board dead af why isn't there a thread
>>
>>7950672

here
>>
Lol, we both made one at the same time
>>7950673
Your stream is way better.
>>
>>7950672
Because its not Space-X. Just a regular ULA Atlas-V launch. No one cares about Orbital's launches since they stopped doing their own after their second-hand soviet rocket engine exploded.

I'm more hyped for this mission's deorbit than its routine launch. They're going to light the inside of the capsule on fire after it leaves the ISS.
>>
>>7950672

/a/k/co/ reporting. No boom this time pls.
>>
Lift-off
>>
Good, good.
>>
>miles per hour
does NASA not operate off of metric?
>>
>>7950716
Is NASA pretty tight with the Russian space agency? I always hear about them cooperating on stuff despite US-Russia relations being pretty shitty as of late.
>>
>>7950739
officially, they are still cooperating on the ISS

but ULA is scrambling to replace their Russian first stage engine with an American made engine, either from Blue Origin or Rocketdyne.
>>
>>7950716

Well they'll be back in VA by the end of the year anyway, so it's not that bad.

>>7950739

They cooperate a lot on things like deep space early warning, and management of orbital traffic.
>>
>>7950725
Where do you see mph?
>>
>>7950758
not there any more. When it gets close to orbital, it switches to orbital parameters instead.
>>
Cygnus has separated, safely in orbit.
>>
>>7950763
My guess is that when displaying information in the stream the use Imperial units at the users convenience. I'm nearly positive that they use metric units or SI units with their actual operations though.
>>
>>7950758

All of the announcements were in miles.
>>
so what was the fuel tank venting for?
>>
>>7950776
He had a lot to get off his chest
>>
>>7950773
all the announcements were in MPH. whether or not that was just a show for the stream I dont know
>>
How do I watch this if Adobe refuses to provide my OS with Flash?
>>
>>7950805
So you're using linux? You can use a program called Pipelight.

http://pipelight.net/cms/installation.html
>>
>>7950810
>Linux
OpenBSD
>>
>>7950815
Try following the install guide for FreeBSD.

Just out of curiosity, why do you use OpenBSD? For security?
>>
>>7950824
FreeBSD and OpenBSD are two different OSes. cf GNU/Linux, where all distros are the same single OS.
FreeBSD software won't install on OpenBSD, and vice versa.

I use OpenBSD because I enjoy unix and feel OpenBSD is straightforward and powerful. I'm also studying system administration. Security is a side effect of good OS design, by the way.
>>
>>7950672
Did we miss it?

Nice uniforms btw
>>
>>7950725
>>7950773
>>7950774
>>7950798
NAZZA engineers were forced to go metric in 2007 after they fucked up two Mars launches bcoz muh foot-pound-fortnight, but teh NAZZA broadcasters can't in2 metric bcoz muh Murikan skool system dint Lrn me.
>>
>>7951227
This hurts my eyes
>>
>>7950725
Even Brits use miles per hour. It's weird, only metric is taught in school yet all distances are always in miles and everyone measures themselves in stones and feet.
>>
>>7950752
those dipshits had the rights to make the engines in the US since the fall of the soviet union.

hopefully mccain cuts off their $800 million yearly subsidy
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.