[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumbest ways to destroy a developed civilization in space
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1441482945485.jpg (109 KB, 640x918) Image search: [Google]
1441482945485.jpg
109 KB, 640x918
What would be the dumbest way for a future civilization (let it be a whole planet in some distant galaxy) to die trying to go against the laws of physics and common sense.

> Let's enter a black hole to see what is on the other side
> That Quasar is shiny as fuck
> Can I put two black holes together?
> LHC
> Let's touch that magnetar
> I can curve spacetime

Anyone? With scientific explanations please
Pic unrelated
>>
>>7950126
If 9gag was a human being this is what it would type like.
>>
jesus christ that picture
>>
>>7950126
As if monkeys don't have eyes
>>
>>7950126
We're doing a pretty good job on Earth

>no technology to colonize other planets
>let's fuck up this planet, senpai
>>
>>7950126
>LHC
what? Don't tell me you believe the LHC is gonna go all half life on us.
>>
>>7950126
Are bacteria and whales also just "thoughts"?
>>
>>7950126
>hey guys, i've got a great idea for a test of the emergency cooling systems
>>
>>7950148
Kek
>>
>>7950126
idk man, those sound like pretty awesome ways to go out
>>
>>7950126
>What would be the dumbest way for a future civilization (let it be a whole planet in some distant galaxy) to die trying to go against the laws of physics and common sense.
Organize itself as a democracy, adopt other, less-accomplished sentient beings into its society in massive numbers out of pity, and let them vote to redistrbute resources and positions of authority according to principles of justice based on an assumption of fundamental equality such that any difference of outcome must have resulted from oppression of the less successful by the more successful.
>>
>>7950126
>let's build an AI that is way smarter than humans. It will solve all of humanities problems.
>let's build self replicating machines, it will solve all of humanities problems
>>
>>7950666
Is this a chernobyl reference..?
>>
>>7952240
>implying this is better than appointing those born to previous leaders as automatic officeholders, leading to alarming inbreeding as a physical manifestation of political nepotism.
>>
>>7950153
>>7950621
One thing monkeys do not need on this planet are sunglasses. But we do. If we evolved here, why do we need ray-bans?
>>
>>7952247
Say what you will about monarchies, but monarchs at least had to be TRAINED. and Educated. King George who lost America knew 4 to 5 languages to fluency. Do you?

Exactly.
>>
>>7952286
They were trained assuming they actually managed to survive assassination attempts by the untrained younger brother.

I can name off a whole bunch more terrible monarchs than I can terrible ellected presidents.
>>
>>7952291
It's not presidents you should talk about when it comes to terribleness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Bachmann
Elected. People loved her. More power than 99.99% of the population and she had the IQ of a rock.
>>
>>7952286
And not OR, but half his age and could pass with 3.
>>
>>7952295
Comparable to bloody Mary?
Hardly.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.