[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Programming Paradigm for MD simulations? (for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Programming_paradigms.jpg (314 KB, 1036x945) Image search: [Google]
Programming_paradigms.jpg
314 KB, 1036x945
What is the best Programming Paradigm for MD simulations?
(for noobs: MD = Molecular dynamics)
>>
>>7949633
The fuck it paradigm. Just write the code and don't give a fuck.

Oh and fuck writing your own molecular dynamics stuff, just extend LAMMPS.
>>
>>7949663
It is not too good to be true?
It would be really convenient, because I'm not very experienced with writing programs desu.
Also I'd like to become a good physicist and not necessarly an über programmer.
Thank you for the LAMMPS tip. I'm definitively going to take a look at it, but I'm not entirely convinced that this is the universal solution to any MD problem.
>>
>>7949633
you could have just typed molecular dynamics one time. Go fuck yourself and pull your head out of your ass you pretentious fuckstick
>>
Anything that isn't OO. I would use imperative (with C or Go).
>>
from the thumbnail i thought you were playing some weird version of dwarf fortress
>>
>>7949814
I'm a physicist. I have a weird taste of humor.
It's difficult to recognize the intention of posters, but I'm going to assume the best of you: You are a troll. GTFO of /sci/, /pol/ is a much better place for you.
>>
>>7949821
Yeah, I heard that OOP is not as good as I thought initally. Would you suggest to program in C++ but without trying to be OO?
>>
>>7949824
I have to decide wether I'm going to make this MD simulation or to learn the basics of DF ^^
>>
>>7949809
>>Also I'd like to become a good physicist and not necessarly an über programmer.
Then LAMMPS is for you. Making good molecular dynamics software requires a lot of parallel programming shit. MPI can be a pain to work with.

What are you trying to simulate? You fucking around with a toy model you made, simulating gases, simulating molecules, doing quantum molecular dynamics?

>>7949821
Kek, no one uses Go for molecular dynamics. C++ or fortran.
>>
imperative
>>
>>7949892
My task is to simulate dense fluids (we have not specified which substance yet). In the long term I should be able to predict how certain properties like c_V or sound velocity behave at various conditions.

I'm still learning about the hydrodynamic models, so you could think that I asked to early. But it's actually important for me, because I have to decide wether I should take the class in OO with C++.
>>
>>7949892
I believe I'll do no QM, but others in my work group do.
>>
>>7949957
At the molecular scale? If not sounds like you'll have to write your own sim code. If you have no programming experience, you should take a programming class.

Programming paradigms don't matter, just crank it the fuck out.

Almost everyone uses C++ for writing hard sims, if you can't write it, at least learn to read and compile it

>>7949965
Lucky you, I have been waiting on some quantum chem calculations for months now.
>>
File: logo.gif (1 MB, 384x112) Image search: [Google]
logo.gif
1 MB, 384x112
>>7949990
Oh yeah and lammps migjt be pretty great at that if it is molecular scale type stuff. Pic related low Re flow in lammps, it's the lammps logo
>>
>>7949849
> I'm a physicist. I have a weird taste of humor.

Go back to your mirror hug machine you egotistical autist
>>
Thanks to everyone so far, except to the Troll above me
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.