[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have humans reached a point where some races are so different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 9rnzvntfibw.jpg (138 KB, 1108x1060) Image search: [Google]
9rnzvntfibw.jpg
138 KB, 1108x1060
Have humans reached a point where some races are so different from each other they can't procreate?

In case this didn't happen yet, let's pretend all the current-day diversion and race-mixing shenanigans didn't happen and people procreated mostly within their own races, which races would me most likey to become incompatible first?

Not trying to start any race-war shit, just thinking about evolution and being genuinely curious as this happens in the animal world.
>>
>>7949370
>Not trying to start any race-war shit
where is that copypasta about /pol/fags thinking they can just say they're not from /pol/ and everyone will just believe them?
>>
>>7949380
No, but seriously though, you'd think it would've happened by now. I think the topic is interesting enough, it's sad it's a controversial topic and will be buried in memes and responses like this.
>>
File: 1452742342869.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1452742342869.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>7949370
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No.
>>
>>7949387
>>7949380

Nice samefag.
>>
>>7949389
Nope.

Now back to /pol/ with you.
>>
>>7949380
> If I shitpost and try to demonize everyone asking questions about race, maybe they will stop asking questions about race.
Have rapist pedophile ebola infested gaylord lgbtard redditard, this isn't your website.

Remain in >>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7949370
>>7949384
>>7949389
these are (you)

>>7949391
>>7949387
these are by the same person

>>7949396
this is some other polfag

>>7949380
this is me

that's 4(four) people. check the post count next time you idiot.
>>
File: 1458451215552.gif (804 KB, 1307x734) Image search: [Google]
1458451215552.gif
804 KB, 1307x734
>>7949396
>>
Humans, as different as they may seem, all share the same genetic code. Skin color, size etc. make up such a tiny part of that code that it doesn't factor in when breeding.

Some animals that look very different from each other can still reproduce, and some cannot because they have evolved far enough from each other.

It depends what you consider "humans" but it happened with neanderthals and the like, however I do not think it will happen again because of globalization. I would like to see some actual studies on this but I don't think there are any. With the occasional infertile person or infertile couple I also wonder if we haven't, in a way reached that point already, but the people who have are selected against by nature because of monogamy/adoption.
>>
What you are talking about requires high amounts of isolation.

The only possible candidate for this are Sentinelese people (and maybe a couple other negrito island tribes).

For everyone else the inability to procreate with others would be nigh impossible because it would require +10,000 years of isolation and bottlenecking so serious that they are more likely to cause their own extinction before they achieve it.
>>
>>7949370
You can't breed with Abos and some Africans.
>>
>>7949406
We share up to 96% of our DNA with many animals that we can't breed with so I don't see your point.
>>
>>7949441
Cmon dude, he didn't even mention any numbers. 96% is a huge difference from 99.99% when talking genetics. The races of humans are way closer genetically than our minds like us to believe. Reminder, all sorts of different dog breeds can still mate. Humans and Neanderthals can mate. It's gonna take a whole lot more than ethnicity to get to a point where we can't.
>>
>>7949441
That's because most of your genes cover basic life processes that p much every animal undergoes (respiration etc), the stuff that separates species is quite a small proportion.
>>
File: 213486489798.jpg (32 KB, 297x195) Image search: [Google]
213486489798.jpg
32 KB, 297x195
It would take hundred thousands of years of isolation for that to happen. Going only 80,000 years back even in that case neanderthals, actual subhumans, were still able to crossbreed with humans.
>>
The most divergent races have a low rate of conception and many of those couples can't conceive at all.

We were right at the transition phase of becoming truly different species.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.