[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder only subhumans denote alternate hypotheses as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: null2[1].gif (6 KB, 436x318) Image search: [Google]
null2[1].gif
6 KB, 436x318
Daily reminder only subhumans denote alternate hypotheses as "Ha"
>>
>caring
The null hypothesis of OP not being a faggot must clearly be rejected
>>
>>7949335
I bet you don't like skub either
>>
>>7949320
who the fuck does that
>>
>>7949345
This faggot >>7949335
>>
>>7949320
can you give an illustration, in physics, of a null hypothesis and an alternative hypothesis.
>>
>>7949383
dumbed down, it would look like:
H0: the measured particle corresponds to a higgs boson

H1: the measured particle doesn't correspond to a higgs boson
>>
File: 1437857634629.png (82 KB, 1195x1024) Image search: [Google]
1437857634629.png
82 KB, 1195x1024
>>7949390
>>
>H1: the measured particle doesn't correspond to a higgs boson
yeah but for H1, what is the concrete hypothesis which is used ?

for instance, with the famous bell theorem, we have the quantum model and non-local theory with hidden variables (classical model). You have two curves, once classical and one quantum. You want to validate the quantum model and invalidate the classical model.

is this an illustration of a null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.?
>>
>>7949419
to be clear, the experimental data (not shown on the theoretical plot above) follows the line ''quantum curve'' and not at all the classical curve.
>>
File: alas.jpg (47 KB, 352x599) Image search: [Google]
alas.jpg
47 KB, 352x599
>numbering your alternate hypotheses when there's only one of them
srsly guise, Ha if you've only got one, H1 through Hn if you have more than one
>>
>>7949421
Then why not name the null hypothesis Hn
>>
>>7949433
The null hypothesis is not subscripted with the number zero, but with a short hand meaning 'null'. One ('1') does not follow 'null' as it does 'zero'.
>>
I'm writing a >lab report and I have to do a t-test but I don't know what data to do the test on.

It's about enzyme kinetics, and I'm pretty sure the part I'm to do it on is comparing rate of reaction with and without presence of an inhibitor.

Any suggestions?
>>
[No Inhibitor] [Inhibitor]
. .
. .
. .

If each data point is independent, you can do a t test in excel by highlighting both columns and typing =t.test(col1,col2,2,3)
>>
>>7949433
becaue Hnnnnnnnng dats cute
>>
>>7950844
Thanks matey
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.