[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If it were legal, how easy would it be to make humans see ultraviolet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: lion gem.png (388 KB, 1279x714) Image search: [Google]
lion gem.png
388 KB, 1279x714
If it were legal, how easy would it be to make humans see ultraviolet or infrared?
>>
it isn't legal?
Anyway, real easy. Just have some very small computer that transforms the colors in an image such that wavelengths between 200nm and 1600 nm are compressed into 400nm to 800mn. Get some screen to put in front of your eyes, get camera('s) able to measure these wavelengths, and have fun.
>>
>>7947859
Rewriting human genome is illegal basically everywhere

I'm pretty sure a whole lot of trial and error of gene splicing from other animals like bees which see UV might accomplish something
>>
>>7947865
who talked about genetic engineering ? I thought his idea was more like :"lets build a goggle which allows us to see infrared ! :D:D"
>>
some people are born with the ability to see into uv
>>
>>7947867
That's only accomplished by a sensor which brings down the IR wavelengths to visible spectrum, doesn't really allow you to see IR
>>
>>7947865
There is no "see ultraviolet" gene. Genes code for various proteins that's all. You'd have to figure out what proteins you need in what amounts to achieve the effect you want. Its not like turning on a switch. Genes don't work like that.

That said people can already kinda see ultraviolet with no gene splicing or computers in your head. You just need to have your lenses removed. Cells in your retna are already sensitive to ultraviolet light your lenses filter it out though.
>>
>>7947870
yes we won't be able to see it,but we could detect it with our eyes.I don't think that we would have any reason to see infrared,because we can't even comprehend it.This brain is not functional to see infrared,thus fuck us up because nobody is capable of seeing a "new" colour.
>>
http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul-aug/06-humans-with-super-human-vision
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.