[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what is everybody's opinion on the Riemann Hypothesis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: riemann.jpg (29 KB, 250x352) Image search: [Google]
riemann.jpg
29 KB, 250x352
So what is everybody's opinion on the Riemann Hypothesis?
>>
take your pedophile cartoons back to >>>/a/
>>
>>7946437
I did my masters thesis on the Riemann Hypothesis. Half of my name is on one of equation proves in the derivative outcomes of it. Other guy is named Connes.

desu Connes did most of the work.

Ask me anything.
>>
I've already proven it but the proof is too short to fit in this post
>>
>>7946448
We can ask mood to lower the miminum number of required characters
>>
>>7946448
Ferma pls go
>>
>>7946441
>Half of my name is on one of equation proves in the derivative outcomes of it
Dafuq u sayin m8 ?

>Other guy is named Connes.
Seriously ? How is he in person ? He seems like a cool guy. Also, how did you get the internship ?
>>
>>7946437
The proof is trivial and left to the reader as an exercise.
>>
i'm going to make a prediction

>RH is going to be solved within the next 5 years
>RH is solved by some 51 year old cave-hermit-tier number theorist
>the proof is insanely long, and has a LOT of new notation
>it takes 1 year and 7 months to get the first verification that the proof is correct
>the hodge conjecture remains unsolved for another 20 years
>>
http://arxiv.org/abs/1509.05576
>>
>>7946679

your language of "5" years and "cave-hermit" is suspiciously familiar. An old David Hilbert quote on RH sounds a bit like all this. I'm paraphrasing now but this is the gist of it.

"If I went to sleep in a mausoleum for five-hundred (as opposed to five) years, and I were somehow magically revived those many years later, my first question to my revivers would be, 'Has the Riemann Hypothesis been resolved?' "
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.