[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ambidexterity and Multitasking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1450481475542.jpg (55 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1450481475542.jpg
55 KB, 800x600
Is anyone here equally proficient in both their hands in terms of writing?
I would like to be able to write with my left (non-dominant) hand whilst using a computer mouse with my right (dominant) hand.

I've read up on it a bit and there seems to be a lot of pseudo-shit deficits related to ambidextrous people.
>>
>>7944367
Interesting. My dad is pretty much ambidextrous. I think he's slightly Asbergers.

The study I just googled said increased risk of ADHD, dyslexia, doing badly at school, but most kids were OK.

You can train yourself to write with your non-dominant hand but it's hard if you're not naturally ambi.
>>
Will you gain any benefit from learning to write with your non dominant hand?
>>
>>7944367
i've switched from using mouse in right hand to left hand before, but what's the point?
>>
>>7944367
It's probably easier to learn using a mouse with your non-dominant hand than learning how to write with your non-dominant hand.
>>
>>7944706
haven't we all...
>>
>>7944964
Yeah, it's not hard to use a mouse with your non-dominant hand. I learned to do that when I was getting carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand, and looked for ways to use my left hand for more things.
>>
>>7944706
One thing I like about using the mouse with my left hand is that the standard keyboard layout was designed before mice existed, so the numeric keypad and arrow keys are right where the mouse should be.
>>
>>7944367
>Multitasking

Humans can't multitask. Human brains merely switch back and forth really fast when doing 2 things at once always at the detriment of 1 or both of the tasks.

Ambidexterity in writing is a hindrance with normal writing tools. If you don't float your hand over the paper or bend your hand around you can't write with you left hand in normal left-to-right English fashion without smearing the text, be it ink or graphite.

Who writes with actual writing utensils in this day and age?
>>
>>7944705
yes if you proscribe to the idea that the physical nature of the brain = mind, as you will be altering it
>>
>>7946218
>attentional theories of the mind are descriptive of the mind
no.

no one knows, and your brain could easily be doing calculating/training/processing using the default node network in a variety of ways; there is also the possibility you are doing passive calculations/eavesdropping at any time - anywhere.
>>
>>7944367
Went to Japan, started learning the language and writing. Suddenly discovered I had become partially ambidextrous. Had zero ambidexterity before.

I didn't reach the stage I could write easily with both hands but other than that I am fairly even with my hands and for precision work I now prefer my left hand.

Weird, sure. Other than that I am normal.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.