[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i was talking to this guy earlier who claimed to be a professor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: r&r0305d.jpg (35 KB, 450x256) Image search: [Google]
r&r0305d.jpg
35 KB, 450x256
So i was talking to this guy earlier who claimed to be a professor at a university teaching astrophysics.

He told me that the big bang only created the milky way and right now physicists are looking for a "Porthole" somewhere in the milky way.

He also told me that the universe was a flat hologram, the moon landing was fake and the Egyptians traveled at light speed and had electricity.

Also that he has a device at the university that projects a small item to a 3d hologram or some shit.

This guy is bat shit insane right?

He actually seemed to know his stuff with astrophysics and maths.
>>
>>7940059
He also told me that he predicts that in august a big meteor shower will happen and a very large meteor will pass earth and time will slow down by 1000th of a second.
meaning that a second for us will be only 59 point something seconds.
>>
File: 1458054987637.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458054987637.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
>>7940059
Did he say anything about pyramids?
>>
>>7940059
>>7940061

Info checks, the guy is legit.
>>
>>7940069
Yeah, he said we don't know how they cut the big concrete blocks and shit(So it must be futuristic tech) and talked about the way they built them and how some holes in the pyramids point towards galaxies
>>
>>7940072
An interesting verifiable fact is that the coordinates for the pyramid of giza and the speed of light are the same numbers.
>>
>>7940059
Tell him to keep to the maths. Nothing more. Just blend his food and feed it to him through a tube. He's that sort of guy.
>>
>>7940081
units?
>>
>>7940072
>concrete blocks
>>
>>7940072
Any direction will invariable point to a galaxy. This is because we are inside one, deep inside one. If your device of pointing is within the boundaries of what is defined as a house you can't not point not at your house because the space inside the house is still a part of the house. Therefore your professor is infallible. Don't trust infallible entities unless they become uninfallible.
>>
>>7940151
you pedantic son of a bitch
>>
>>7940059
Just because black science man has a tv show doesn't mean you should listen to him
>>
>>7940151
>uninfallible
dayum, son
>>
>>7940059
Yep, he's batshit. And he's making up the part about being an astrophysics professor because last time he told someone this shit they laughed at him and told him he's a fucking idiot.
>>
>>7940081
These pyramids were built before the definition of the meter and the subdivision of a circle into 360 degrees (and therefore before this latitude value could be expressed). Lengths were measured in completely different units and there was no real concept of angles. In addition, the numbers don't really match all that well, certainly not to a degree you'd expect of a technologically advanced culture.

To believe this is more than coincidence, you'll have to believe that both the definitions of the 360° circle and the meter are much older than history suggests, i.e. that there is a global conspiracy that falsified our records and used both these systems for a much longer time, for whatever reason. At this point, the burden of proof will have pushed you down so far we can't really see eye to eye anymore.
>>
>>7940296

its still worth entertaining the thought.
>>
>>7940296

That's a lotta words to respond to some random crazy guy's post.
>>
>>7940313
I've seen this view before. It's spreading.
>>
>>7940296
>no real concept of angles
I don't believe this, how could they build perfect pyramids with detailed interiors without a concept of angles?
>>
>>7940313
Not the guy but:
You're on 4chan wasting time responding to other people's posts... same thing. If you consider it a waste of time you shouldn't even be here, let alone post. Some people just like to give longer and more elaborate answers.
>>
>>7940339
Weighted strings.

Also, "perfect pyramids"?
>>
>>7940339
Angles are a product of trying to linearize rotational displacement and should be destroyed
>>
>>7940353
considering their size and shape, I think they're certainly close to perfect especially considering this was done without CAD software holding their hands and without Caterpillar pulling weight for them
>>
>>7940151
>you can't not point not at your house
>No way you can't not point not at your house

There, fixed it for ya
>>
>>7940296

Seems there is smart people in sci after all.
>>
>>7940339

They used the pythagorean theorem, though they used different notation and obviously did not call it the pythagorean theorem.
>>
>>7940059

> Egyptians traveled at light speed and had electricity.

> This guy is bat shit insane right?

Looks pretty clear case to me. What your instincts tell you?
>>
>>7940059
Can anyone explain to me, with as little shit-posting as possible, why the construction of the pyramids is so mysterious? Does it really seem that unbelievable?
>>
>>7940851
Those big rocks are quite heavy. How do you think they lift those upper rocks? They had no motors, only slaves and tree trunks under. The best guess is some kind of slope, but it would have to be kilometers long or otherwise slaves couldn't have pushed those heavy rocks uphill.
>>
>>7940866
Exactly. A system of ramps doesn't seem absurd to me, especially when you consider the horde of laborers. Seems a lot more likely than aliens, power tools, electricity, light speed travel, etc.
>>
>>7940881
Evidently they succeed, but building slope robust enough for the purpose, with the soil material they had access to, is not as simple as it first seems. Those rocks weren't onsite in first place, so amount of workforce was high as was the death rate. It has been speculated whether they had enough people.
>>
>>7940851
They had no wheel. They had to transport inconceivably massive blocks of stone, measure everything perfectly, and lift very heavy things very high up in the air.

They fucked up before getting it right. It was hard to do.

Engineers have agonised over practicable means of working the site and even just lifting the stones within a lifetime, with the materials they had available. It's not easy.
>>
>>7940900
Wheels would be wholly inadequate for such massive blocks, anyway. Wooden axles would just break. But rolling the blocks on logs, "greasing" the surface with water etc. are effective and feasible methods.

The many old, smallish, more primitive pyramids built before the famous ones attest a growing body of engineering and organizational knowledge fit for their technology and means. These methods were developed in the region over generations. The puzzlement of modern engineers schooled in modern methods isn't really surprising when viewed in this light.
>>
>>7940354
nice try wildy
>>
>>7940824
[eqn]\sin^2 x + \sin^2 \theta = \cos^2 x[/eqn] Yay science XD!!
>>
These theories change every decade, but isnt the latest fad that the blocks were brought to the site by canal? They were raised up in a kinda lift shaft that had water pumped into it? All perfectly unmagical or unalienlike.
>>
Just want to add that the greeks at least used electricity. They used a form of battery for an electro-plating process? Again, another fad theory maybe?
>>
>>7940900
I would never have even considered using wheels or rollers. Why couldn't they use powdered lubricants, or rock flour to help slide the stones up the ramps (assuming they had a relatively hard and uniform surface)? As far as transporting the stones to the build site in the first place, that seems easy. The landscape is flat. Some sleds and teams of people/animals did the trick, I'm sure.
>>
>>7940966
Are you referring to the so-called Baghdad Battery, or some other artefact? If yes, note that the alleged use for galvanic coating is not only dubious due to the design of the vessel, but also due to the fact that there is no archeological evidence for such coated objects in the time and region. "The greeks at least used electricity" is a very strong claim. Any evidence to support it?
>>
File: $_35.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>>7940059
>Also that he has a device at the university that projects a small item to a 3d hologram or some shit.
Does he mean one of these?
>>
>>7940072
What if they carried up the mud in portions?

>The Pyramids at Giza have more than 5 million blocks of limestone, until now believed to be CARVED stones, new evidences shows they were CAST with agglomerated limestone concrete. The website reveals how Ancient Egyptians built the pyramids using man-made stones, which look exactly like natural rocks.

>CONRETE

Aha, my hypothesis seems to've been correct.

BOOYA KASHA
>>
>>7941140
Concrete gdamit
>>
>>7940953

They didn't use that notation.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.