[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tulpas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa
I don't believe these to be anything more than self induced hallucinations. But I've heard claims that a tulpa could have perfect recall of the contents of your memory, or that it could perform mental calculations separately from you. Are these kind of things even possible, or is it just autists being autists?
>>
>>7934001
No /sci/, no. We've moved passed this, now we're more interested in "does [math] 1+2+3+ \cdots =-1/12 [/math]"
>>
>>7934001
What the fuck? It's not even a hallucination, it's just an imaginary friend. You think they can do anything you want them to do, if you have the mind of a 5 year old.
>>
>>7934012
You mean [math]\sum_{k=0}^{ \infty } k = - \frac_{1}{12}[/math] :^)
>>
>>7934016
you mean [math]\sum\limits_{n = 0}^{\infty} n = -\dfrac{1}{12}[/math]
>>
File: latcarf.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
latcarf.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>7934001

this reads like a religious explanation of the common thought "what would person XYZ say or do now, if he where in my position?"

since you only imagine XYZ's actions, the thought process leading to them them would've been "sped up" or "skipped" by your brain.

I think this work because you can only imagine a person you've interacted with before and your brain can easily tell your imagined behavior and that of another apart.

but know that it is only a biased alter ego so the less you know about a person, the less accurate this alter ego will become, because you will "fill in the gaps" of XYZ's character, with your projections.
>>
>tulpas

No, no, and no.

>>>/x/
>>
>>7934184
Bumping the thread to spite this faggot.
>>
>>7934199
me too
>>
>>7934382
Same
>>
>>7934427
kek

I've always thought tulpas were interesting, and the only interesting to stem from /x/

however, everyone who does it is an autistic schizofrenic MLP friendless virgin loser /x/tard role player, so it's not inviting to try it out

DESU tho it would be cool to talk to my subconscious about maths and physics
>>
>>7934184
:^)
>>
Is it common that people can superimpose mental images onto their actual vision? Can you?
>>
>>7934712
I think that's the main question we're all wondering, if it's possible to self induce hallucinations to this extent with just your mind

that and if everyone who does it is autistic
>>
>>7934769
Well one man's hallucination is another man's normal imagination. This stuff varies a lot apparently.
>http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Galton/imagery.htm
>>
>>7934001
I have tulpas and I can say that it's fucking bullshit. They cant do that
>>
File: 1375248898079.jpg (274 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1375248898079.jpg
274 KB, 1000x1000
>>7934001
Tulpas are real.
But they are no more than self induced hallucinations combined with schizophrenia-like "separated" consciousness. They aren't anything paranormal, they can do only as much as you can(with maybe some mental training) so no recalling memories you forgot, interacting with other people's tulpa, incredible performance boost etc.
But tulpa really is separated consciousness that "lives" in your mind and you mostly can not control it.

>>7934769
>I think that's the main question we're all wondering, if it's possible to self induce hallucinations to this extent with just your mind
Yes it is. You can even create it unintentionally, but you still have to do all the meditation so it's never really accidental.
>if everyone who does it is autistic
No. At least not autistic in actual clinical sense.
>>
>>7934828
>No. At least not autistic in actual clinical sense.
That's a pretty autistic thing to say.
>>
>>7934001
My tulpa hasn't recalled memories from me yet
>>
File: 1441351389838.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1441351389838.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>>7934841
We are on 4chan.
Everything can be autistic if you say so.
>>
>>7934828
>separated consciousness
at what point can you actually say its a separated consciousness, and not a hyped up hallucination
>>
>>7935302
(Disclaimer: I'm not the other guy)

It's kind of a fuzzy line, and it can be hard to tell when it occurs. You know it's sentient, though, when it says something that:
1: You don't agree with
2: You don't expect
3: It's actually them saying it
I include that third one because there's an important difference between what your tulpa says and "intrusive thoughts," which everyone gets.
I have a tulpa, and she's been showing the first signs of sentience very recently. Ask me anything.
>>
there is nothing scientific about roleplaying with your faggot pony OC you mouthbreathing nignogs
>>
>>7935320
>she
is your tulpa a pony

the only relevant question DESU
>>
>>7935335
If Nikola Tesla can roleplay with his pigeon than I can roleplay with my invisible waifu.
>>
>>7935348
No lel. And I'd never date my tulpa, that's autistic as fuck
>>
>>7935398
>not having Tesla as your waifu
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.