[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been studying nutrients and food for a while now and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: g1gk6[1].jpg (46 KB, 380x381) Image search: [Google]
g1gk6[1].jpg
46 KB, 380x381
I've been studying nutrients and food for a while now and im going to start eating the same 3 meals for a year.

Breakfast: Black & Brown rice

Lunch: fish (any) or/and black & brown rice

Dinner: vegetable soup or stew

any of the following can be added to the above meals:
all legumes, beans or peas, all unsalted raw nuts, all brassica, nightshade, carrot, cucurbitaceae, cucurbit, amaryllidaceae vegetables, herbs, spices, lemon, lime, apple, banana, olives, avocado sweet potato, celery.

All of the food mentioned will be organic, non-canned, untreated, non-gmo whole foods. Which means no variants of the food such as rice flour, soy milk or bullshit like that. Just the way nature intended.. the fish will only be fish i've caught myself. More often than not i'll be steaming my food lightly.

it's essentially an organic wholefood gluten free pesco-vegan diet that avoids most sugars

I've worked at a strawberry farm, chicken abitoir, fish farm, apple orchard, jam manufacturer and some nurserys that sell their foods to local supermarkets and im going to be honest with you guys.. its not good... the added shit that you're eating, the pesticides.. and half the time "hormone free" isnt... it just... isnt. They lie. (ausfag if anyones wondering)
Im just trying to be good to my body.
- - - - -
how fucked am i?.. nutritionally? or financially?
>>
>>7933827
Skimmed it tb h
What do you think of living off of potatoes and milk? And why isn't that largely your diet?
>>
>>7933827

>the way nature intended it.

But you could never know what nature intended. If you think organic is really that, then maybe do some more reading. We have selectively bred this stuff for thousands of years.

But you will definately be healthier than the average jo, and ultimately that's what you are trying to do. Good luck!

Probably have to do it for more than a few years to reap any long term benefits... Like indefinitely.
>>
>>7933827
>All of the food mentioned will be organic, non-canned, untreated, non-gmo whole foods

a study was made in my country about how those types of food, offer no benefit over normal "non" organic shit, it is only more expensive, so go nuts
>>
>>7933834
>>7933836

ok you got me.. i have.. theories

selective breeding is a longer process and allows the human digestive tract.. or pancreas to slowly evolve along with it.

genetic modification is instantanious and provides no room for your body to know what new crazy thing it has to break down / get used to. This is why im going organic.. no / less insecticides is more important though

>>7933828

ive lived a healthy lifestyle, swimming, gyming, cycling.. im 28 years old and i have a really bad cholesterol problem. The only thing i can put it down to is the amount of dairy (milk) ive been drinking.. so ive been cutting it out of my diet and its been lowering my cholesterol

potatos... are part of the nightshade family but nevertheless i plan to eat them seldomly because of the solanine levels and how rarely they are not doused in layers and layers of pesticides. Theyre a little risky
>>
U will b fucked financially. And u know it.
>>
>>7933836

I saw a similar digest of all "Organic v. non-organic" studies. The conclusion across all fields was that they're the same.

I don't find a lot of people that bring into consideration that "organic" food producers have a lot to gain from throwing dirt on the GMO side.
>>
>>7933842
That's a nice theory (hypothesis), but it just simply isn't true and I will not accept that assumption as it makes the entire point moot.

But dude, do it because you want to be healthier. You are also voting with you dollar and if more people around the world were like you, then we wouldn't pay the prices we do for certain foods. Best of luck!

Ps. Look up a pod cast on BBC analysis about food and food like substances. Right up your alley, I think it will help motivate you.
>>
>>7933855
>>7933842
i just eat whats cheapest, and try not to eat junk
>>
>>7933842
>im 28 years old and i have a really bad cholesterol problem
btw this, i forgot the name in english but you are aware that this might be a genetic trait, that regardless of how healthy you eat, cholesterol will be high?

if you want to eat healthy, just avoid processed sugars, coca cola, white bread, and do one hour of exercise a day
>>
File: 0yefFeJ.jpg (94 KB, 564x846) Image search: [Google]
0yefFeJ.jpg
94 KB, 564x846
>>7933827
>Just the way nature intended
I was right behind you the whole way, and then you made a left turn into crazy-town.
I think we all know what's wrong with this sentence, mm'k?
>>
File: 1455679619337.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1455679619337.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>non gmo
Get a load of this fag
>>
Nothing wtong with colesterol. Without it you will die. We need it. Dont you think that if it were a problem it would clog arteries everywhere causing organ failures throughout the body?

The veins leading into and arteries out of the heart are subject to a lot of stress in our modern life, when damaged colesterol is used by the body to repair that damage, hence the tubes get occluded.

Without colesterol you die. If you go on a vegan diet while taking statins to reduce colesterol production you could die. Night. Night.
>>
>>7933827
It baffles me why people spend so much time and effort planning out their diets like this. It's almost a mania. You are going to die like every other person and having an ultra strict diet is not going to change that. You already know what food is junk and what food is nutritious, why do you need to plan beyond that? Just enjoy life while you have it, practice moderation and exercise, etc, and you will most likely be fine. All this extra new age shit isn't going to change a goddamn thing.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.