[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Define time. / What is time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1448014261610.jpg (8 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448014261610.jpg
8 KB, 342x342
Define time. / What is time?
>>
>>7933730
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=time+definition&oq=time+definition&aqs=chrome..69i57.5398j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
>>7933730
Maybe a change in overall entropy of the universe
>>
>>7933730
Clocks
>>
>>7933730
When the Sun shines upon Earth, 2 – major Time points are created on opposite sides of Earth – known as Midday and Midnight. Where the 2 major Time forces join, synergy creates 2 new minor Time points we recognize as Sunup and Sundown. The 4-equidistant Time points can be considered as Time Square imprinted upon the circle of Earth. In a single rotation of the Earth sphere, each Time corner point rotates through the other 3-corner Time points, thus creating 16 corners, 96 hours and 4-simultaneous 24-hour Days within a single rotation of Earth – equated to a Higher Order of Life Time Cube.
>>
>>7933730
Time is the quantity elapsed between any two separate events.
>>
Someone tell me why I am wrong;
Time is just the movement of particles
>>
The entropy of the information being still processed by a system incapable to percieve information in its entirety in relation to the change of the scope of the information being percieve d.
>>
>>7933881
This definition depends on your definition of movement
>>
>>7933730
time is a human invention :^)
>>
>>7933730
The difference between now and then.
>>
>>7933884
put your trip on fractal

time is an iteration relative to a previous iteration
>>
>>7933942
Define what a fractal, friend. You talk a lot about them.
>>
Time is the space between moments
>>
>>7933730
The fire in which we all burn.
>>
File: 1455370261598.gif (2 MB, 349x400) Image search: [Google]
1455370261598.gif
2 MB, 349x400
>>7933730

There are many definitions for which serve to understand 'time' under different contexts. For the quantum-strayed understanding, most people have regarded the concept of time to simply: the relative measurement of events which have occurred between the span of two other.
>>
Time is the thing that keeps everything from happening all at once.
>>
time is a quantity in respect to which total energy of closed systems remains constant
>>
Time is movement, the "spirit" of movement.

Movement is how we understand change, difference of positioning is how we determine past and present.

Time is the sum of all previous movements, present positions/movements and all future movements.

For this reason without matter, there is no time. Without something to move, there is no movement.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.