[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Space-time explained
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Spacetime_curvature.png (31 KB, 660x291) Image search: [Google]
Spacetime_curvature.png
31 KB, 660x291
For a while now I have been trying to understand the concept of space-time and it hasn't quite clicked. If I could get your interpretation or how it clicked for you, it would help a lot.
>>
>>7931921
It is a 4D Pseudo-Riemannian Manifold.
>>
>>7931921
watch this short playlist

thank me later

best channel on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YycAzdtUIko&list=PLsPUh22kYmNAmjsHke4pd8S9z6m_hVRur
>>
>>7931921
Spacetime is the n=3 case of hyperspace with an additional time dimension.
>>
>>7931921
i have been trying to understand for a year now. It's why I haunt this place. Whatever it is, we are trying to measure whether it moves using laser interferometry. There is a postulate that if it vibrates, we can detect that vibration be measuring the 'blurriness' of a returning laser beam. No luck so far.

I have a hard time translating https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holometer
2d experiments into an understanding of how this 'framework?' supports matter as we know it in a 3d way that includes me for example.
>>
Space is what matter exists on, time is a measure of distance on the material matter sits.
>>
>>7931938
the guy explains it pretty good but the visual presentation is too distracting and kinda gives me eyes cancer
>>
>>7932053
>No luck so far.
Did you miss the big announcement last month?
>>
>>7932130
That was Ligo and Gravity waves. The granularity of space time is Holometer. (Theres also a Lisa)
>>
>>7932170
https://holometer.fnal.gov/
>>
>>7932077
Well it's a style. It helps watching some videos several times and trying to answer the challenge questions
>>
>>7931926
>>7931958
It's funny that autists genuinely think that giving these sorts of explanations to laymen is helpful.
>>
>>7932197
yeah watched some of their vids, really good channel, thx for sharing
>>
>>7931938
Nice set of videos, now that it's later, thanks
>>
>>7932491
Kek
>>7932317
Happy to help!
>>
>>7932204
It's funny that laymen think they matter enough to receive explanations.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.