[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can a number go on indefinitely without repeating? Especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1457832321888.jpg (83 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1457832321888.jpg
83 KB, 500x750
How can a number go on indefinitely without repeating? Especially one that represents a physical property in the real world, like the length of something.
>>
>>7930158

I assume you're talking about irrational numbers like the square root of two or pi.

>How can a number go on indefinitely without repeating?

How can you count indefinitely and not repeat? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 omg seems like it must stop right?

>Especially one that represents a physical property in the real world, like the length of something.

What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>7930187

>I assume you're talking about irrational numbers like the square root of two or pi.

Yes.

>What does that have to do with anything?

Because the object ends.
>>
>>7930191
>Because the object ends.

The object has a finite size and pi (or whatever) is a finite number. What's the problem?
>>
>>7930195

How can it be finite if it never ends?
>>
>>7930202
1. Draw two lines below each other: one 3 units long, one 4 units long.
2. Length of pi is in between the lengths of the ones you drew.
>>
File: 1367981316035.jpg (8 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
1367981316035.jpg
8 KB, 209x200
>>7930158
Under the same philosophical principle as 10= 9.999...9000....000....

When a number repeats, on any scale, it compiles its previous entirety and scales it to 1 or 0
When this happens a process of elimination occurs:
>A:
That we become statisticians and collect, effectively, n^n data which sums 0 in a principle as the conditions of simple collection breeds the rest of the reality to carnate what it is carrying more quickly as the coordinates of its all being, as compared in a sort of void/non-relativity standard of being that permeates what is possessed by the scope of its perception; and that under the care of this math that reality...
>B:
determines that as there is something lost to something, that as slightly outlined in the previous sentiment, the amount of construction that is rallied by the dogma of loss, enables a recognition of what was there to a higher standard, and this....
>C:
brings fourth, to put it simply, chaos 'types', now this may seem silly to those of you who have pondered chaos and realized that it is singular, as otherwise it would just be a considered a mess, but back on point: these 'types' are formal deductions of various natures, behaviors, physical, recognizably, standards, magnetization: to put some of these relativities of mutation and measurement of reality types that are in the bounds of a chaos recognition and that...
>D:
as these things manifest before they carnate they contract and expand in ways that the traditional physicals of nature would find impossible- but again the type pattern that is held gives leeway for the nature of what the scaling of their frames of 'push' act on.... and in short, there is a phenomena on earth that has developed in every apex species that enables these constructions to pose delineation in the full maturity of a species, or it can be seen that they fool entropy into deriving one axis of a hole as another, but that's mass and is a story for another time.
>>
File: 1365712062404.jpg (23 KB, 217x208) Image search: [Google]
1365712062404.jpg
23 KB, 217x208
>>7930245
Now, A: Mathematical Eruption flips B:Of what can be determined of what is lost, or, I forgot to mention, redundant; derives D:The postulate of never as a scope in the reasons of numbers when acting in classical operators in cohesion with infinity: derives the scope of what is relaying C: Carnation without source.... and I'm not really in the mood to give the full run down of 10= so I'm just gunna go have a smoke
>>
>>7930245

What the fuck are you on about?
>>
File: 1366853380756.jpg (184 KB, 1012x1024) Image search: [Google]
1366853380756.jpg
184 KB, 1012x1024
>>7930528
> >>7930248
Honestly I think I summed it up rather quaintly
>>
>>7930245
>Under the same philosophical principle as 10= 9.999...9000....000....
wow
>>
>>7930158
well the length of the real world is also infinite
>>
>>7930528
I a tremendous schizophrenic faggot please ignore me, I can't help it.
>>
Is there a mathematical proof that pi can never repeat?
>>
>>7930604
yes
>>
>>7930158
if pi repeated, then we could write it as the ratio of 2 numbers aka we could say that pi is a rational number.

You should have done this proof in introductory mathematical reasoning.

Prove Pi is an irrational number. Assume pi is rational and prove by contradiction etc
>>
File: le_trashman.jpg (42 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
le_trashman.jpg
42 KB, 700x479
>>7930245
>>Under the same philosophical principle as 10= 9.999...9000....000....
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.