[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I wore a full body swimsuit and soaked myself in an ultra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: swim suited.png (127 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
swim suited.png
127 KB, 384x384
If I wore a full body swimsuit and soaked myself in an ultra repellant like ultra every dry, what would happen if I tried to swim?
>>
nothing, youd be dry
>>
>>7927500
Replace water with pentane and what your thinking may work.
>>
>>7927506
What am I thinking?
>>
>>7927531
penii
>>
>>7927534
Sounds like pasta
>>
>>7927500
All the physical interactions would be exactly the same except there would be a thin layer between your suit and water
>>
>>7927552
I can't walk on the bottom of the ocean?
>>
>>7927556
you can. just like you would with a normal suit
>>
>>7927500
You would have very low friction and would be able to swim slightly faster than otherwise. You might possibly be 0.0000000002% less buoyant as well.
>>
it would be extremely painful
>>
>>7928319
for you
>>
It'd be like Mosus and the Red C.
>>
>>7927500
If I wore my birthday suit and soaked myself in cum, what would happen if I tried to swim in a pool of lube?
>>
>>7928506
You would get an engineering doctorate for your research.
>>
>>7928514
I would most certainly hope so
>>
As expected sci being full of math fags cant answer a simple question.

You'd sink like a fucking stone.
>>
>>7928545
>You'd sink like a fucking stone.

People normally float. You'd need to be full otter mode with no fat on you to sink like a stone. Even then you'd find neutral buoyancy somewhere.

>>7927500
It might cut down on friction and drag. So, you might be able to swim faster.

>>7927506
Oobleck would be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-wxnID2q4A
>>
>>7928597
But the water would be constantly repelled from me, so I'd have like a little bubble that would make me sink because the water is being repelled?
>>
Obviously you would sink because buoyancy needs surface tension to work. If you repel water then your body will simply cut through the water.
>>
>>7928908
At that point, would pressure have any effect on you?
>>
>>7927500
You'd have very low friction.
You would swim faster than Micheal Phelps
>>
File: Moses-Parts-the-Red-Sea 2.jpg (184 KB, 1153x576) Image search: [Google]
Moses-Parts-the-Red-Sea 2.jpg
184 KB, 1153x576
>>7927500
>>
>>7927500
The water would open up before you and you'd hit the seabed
>>
>>7928892
You'd sink normally with only a slight amount of added buoyancy from the thin bubble around you. It'd be much similar to those underwater spiders. Just not as well defined and useful.
>>
>>7928908
>buoyancy needs surface tension to work

GTFO /sci/ right now.
>>
Can someone test this?

I'm fucking curious
>>
>>7929444
i lost it
>>
>>7928908
>buoyancy needs surface tension to work
>>
>>7929448
>anon sprays Pam on himself and finds Atlantis
>>
>>7931863
or falls through the bottom of the ocean
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.