[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What risks do I get running beta blockers on a daily basis while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1455840774989.jpg (122 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1455840774989.jpg
122 KB, 1440x900
What risks do I get running beta blockers on a daily basis while being healthy? Calling medfags, I need them for a job.

>its science, damn it, why did moot remove the health board
>>
>>7925186
You will become alpha as fuck.
>>
>>7925200
I've actually seen that post but its really fuckin hilarious, thanks

>checked
>>
>>7925186
>>its science, damn it, why did moot remove the health board
What?
Has there been a halth board in the past?
>>
>>7926474
Was health, then it was health and fitness and then it was just /fit/, probably because of questions like these
>>
>>7926533
They cut health because of the /r9k/ faggots who kept shitting up the board with "mental health" threads. It's generally accepted that you can post about actual health on /fit/.
>>
>>7925186
>What risks do I get running beta blockers on a daily basis while being healthy? Calling medfags, I need them for a job.

Job related anxiety?

Not many long term risks, your physical ability is decreased by them. Quitting cold turkey can cause some rebound effects that shouldn't matter if you're healthy but be careful and quit slowly if you really use them on a daily basis.
>>
>>7926577
Yup. I'm ok with decreased physical ability, as long as I stay sharp and I can't take benzos for that reason. Thank you.
>>
>fucking with your heart rate for a job
>>
>>7925186
Enjoy you're hypoxia and cold extremities
>>
Med student here, I don't recommend doing it.
You could easily go into hypotension or end up with AV blocks if you don't take the right dose.

Even if you don't, depending on the exact beta blocker you take, many of the common side effects include impotentce, nightmares, sedation, bad lipid blood profile (high TG, low HDL), nausea and diarrhea. Also as has been mentioned, withdrawal syndrome is a big problem for when you stop/run out, you could easily enter hypertensive crisis.

If you do take them unprescribed, at least make sure not to take any other medications along with it. Don't take them especially, and I can't stress this enough, if you have Type II diabetes or ashtma.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.