[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /sci/, I made a finite difference method heat transfer shape
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
Hey /sci/, I made a finite difference method heat transfer shape optimizer.
>>
>>7920952
post code
>>
>>7920965
It's really messy because I'm still doing lots of stuff to the code, but

The core program:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/bf34a1014e9fa4317b22#file-optimizer-m

And the cavity remover:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/bf34a1014e9fa4317b22#file-isvalid-m

Also have another pic.
>>
You the same guy from /dpt/?
>>
>>7921793
Yes.

Here's one I ran last night.
>>
label your axes
>>
>>7922649
You can't make me, mom
>>
what are you doing? I get that you're solving 2d heat but what are you optimising? and what makes it optimal?
>>
>20 to 20.0005
>>
why is it discont. at the boundary?
>>
>>7923483
I'm optimizing the shape of the cooling fins at the top in order to minimize the core temperature of the thermal system.

>>7923485
Heat generation is specified to only be one watt, but I don't make the rules.

>>7923488
The boundary conditions are specified to be convective heat transfer at 20C, so there's has to be a temperature difference [math]\theta[/math] in order for heat transfer to occur. Also there's different materials throughout the body, each with different thermal conductivities.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.