[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you doing your part to prevent the inevitable heat death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 274x184
Are you doing your part to prevent the inevitable heat death of the universe?

I didn't even get out of bed this morning
>>
>>7919472
>inevitable heat death of the universe?
that happens if you make ungrounded assumptions about the universe .

ur just a kek OP
>>
>>7919494

fuck off and be greatful OP is doing such a good job.
>>
>>7919510
>being alive
no hes not .
>>
>>7919472
>prevent
>inevitable
???
>>
>>7919472
At best you delayed it by an imperceptible amount.

It may never come to pass anyways though. We really don't know.
>>
Why do we assume that the universe is an isolated system, anyway?
>>
>believing in heat death

Do you even level III multiverse OP?
>>
>>7922064
Yeah, surely there's a hole somewhere through each warm air comes in from the outside.
>>
>>7922141
For all we know, there could be
>>
>>7919472
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe#Current_status
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy#Cosmology
>>
>>7922198
Thank you anon. I'm sick of pop sci memers acting like they know something cause they heard of the meme death once and thought it sounded cool.

Its probably never going to happen.
>>
>>7922198
>>7922245
Just because the entropy in the universe as a whole can't be quantified, that doesn't mean it's irrelevant.
>>
>>7922285
Being unquantifiable does make it a pretty unscientific thing to speculate about.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.