[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell am I looking at? Why are these the videos I see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-03-05-18-48-38.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-05-18-48-38.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
What the hell am I looking at?

Why are these the videos I see before I actually find something remotely related to CERN? What kind of person floods the Internet with this stuff and who is promoting this trash?
>>
>>7911021
>Why are these the videos I see before I actually find something remotely related to CERN?
Because /popsci/ people are more interested in the idea and potential of CERN rather than their accomplishments.

>What kind of person floods the Internet with this stuff and who is promoting this trash?
People who recognize that former statement to be true and want to make money off of it.

Seriously OP, think for a second before you shitpost.
>>
>>7911050

Popsci people are more interested in loosely misinterpreting actual science rather than putting out conspiracy videos though. Making anti-science videos would be obviously counterproductive even to the popsci community.
>>
>>7911057
Don't logic splain me, I'm here to defend against the popsci jewish gay degenerate Reddit socjus autism zombies.
>>
>>7911021
>quasi-religious longing for a science-flavored deliverance
There's just a demand for that stuff.
>>
File: 1456681403631.jpg (11 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
1456681403631.jpg
11 KB, 200x237
>>7911021
>What the hell am I looking at?
Bait.
>>
>>7911021
>who is promoting this trash?
sensationalist clickbaiters
>>
>>7911021
This is actually really depressing
>>
File: 1391706610397.jpg (19 KB, 350x291) Image search: [Google]
1391706610397.jpg
19 KB, 350x291
>>7911021
If you want proper information you need to go to a proper source: go to the CERN website or scientific journals.

Hell even popsci magazines are better than just going to Youtube
>>
>>7911121
This lefty shill wants Brazil
t. stormfag
>>
>>7911609

But CERN has an official YouTube channel. The whole point of it is to get videos that give you information that isn't necessarily on the main site. They have a lot of videos on certain jobs and experiments there that actually show you (I mean visually) what they do and how. Reading the papers and visiting the actual site give you a lot of valuable information, but if I want to know what a particular experiment looks like or I want to know who is heading a certain project, going to the videos is the easiest if not the only way.
>>
The elite promote shallow understanding and inhibit deep understanding, so that the slaves never design their way to freedom - poverty objectively impares judgement and shortens telomeres.

All they have to do is keep people busy and desperate.
>>
Youtube. Hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>7911021
Their own fault, it's what happens when you overpublicize a machine that's actually quite boring to plebs. They see this big fancy star trek thing all over the news, it does nothing that interests them so they make shit up.
>>
>>7911021
>What kind of person floods the Internet with this stuff and who is promoting this trash?
Welcome to mankind, hope you have nice stay.
>>
>>7912465

But that's the other thing that confuses me about this. CERN doesn't even get that much publicity, at least in American media. Outside of my school's physics or chemistry department I can't find 3 people who have any idea what a proton is let alone CERN. The only time in recent history that the LHC or any other experiments by CERN have gotten any recognition on mainstream news media was the announcement of the Higgs. And even that wasn't long lived enough for most plebs to remember.
>>
Steins;Gate shitposters on YT.
>>
>>7911021
The same is happening for AI and machine learning. Except its business people that are embarrassing themselves. Not bored dropouts
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.