[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the literal sole reason of existence is to fight the universe's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
>the literal sole reason of existence is to fight the universe's passive attrition - the ever-increasing entropy. To contain the accumulated energy so far within the system you control for as long as possible
>therefore, being the most efficient object in the whole universe to accomplish the above, the black holes are the ultimate point of evolution and life - every object's point of existence in this universe is to collapse into a supermassive blackhole and retain the accumulated energy for as long as possible
>>
>>the literal sole reason of existence is to fight the universe's passive attrition
Nah I think I'll stay in bed
>>
>Degenerate Era

Is that when the planets start fapping to traps and black holes go around saying "WE WUZ STARZ N SHEIT"?
>>
File: 12412526.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
12412526.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>7902004
>>
>>7902004
>planets start fapping to traps
Fuck you, that comet's trail was feminine
>>
File: 1456045087127.jpg (283 KB, 1139x1139) Image search: [Google]
1456045087127.jpg
283 KB, 1139x1139
>>7902004
>>
File: Kyubey.png (34 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Kyubey.png
34 KB, 480x270
>>7901985
>>
quark epoch makes no sense. quarks are always confined as hadrons. they can't separate.
>>
>>7901985

Except that life decreases entropy retard
>>
>>7904137
Why u think this sir?
>>
>>7902684
That pulsar is bipolar.
>>
>>7904222
That white dwarf is hot.
>>
>>7904137

lol life doesn't decrease entropy. we slow it down, but don't decrease it.
>>
>>7904233
It really depends from which point of view you take it

We do decrease entropy in spikes, but when you zoom out, it turns out we just prevented it for a while over the longer term, because we cannot exist forever hence our effect on decreasing entropy will statistically fade as time passes.
>>
>>7904137
10/10 would rage again.
>>
>>7904257
Not the guy you're replying to, but are you actually implying with this reply that life increases it?
>>
>>7902004

>Is that when the planets start fapping to traps and black holes go around saying "WE WUZ STARZ N SHEIT"?

I fucking lost it
>>
>>7904137
well close,we can't decrease entropy,only slow it down.Entropy has only one direction in this case which is energy "lost",therefore negating entropy is literally destroying energy which is impossible

think of a graph with energy and time
>>
File: 1453949447905.jpg (51 KB, 592x373) Image search: [Google]
1453949447905.jpg
51 KB, 592x373
>>7904261
If life didn't increase entropy, that would violate the second law of thermodynamics wouldn't it, you faggot retard?
I don't even care if I'm being trolled right now, I'm fucking mad.
>>
>>7905126
The law states that entropy will end up reaching its equilibrium AFTER A CERTAIN TIME because statistically the chance for it to increase is higher than to decrease

It doesn't state that the reduction of entropy is impossible holy fuck please tell me I'm being trolled
>>
There is no evidence that protons decay.
>>
>>7905153
Okay, now I know for sure I'm being trolled, so I can calm down a bit.
In case any of you high schoolers read this and wonder who's right, just go to the wikipedia article and read for yourself.
Don't let yourself be trolled like I did today.
>>
File: 1422926823424.jpg (52 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1422926823424.jpg
52 KB, 500x380
>>7905167
EPICLY TROLLED MY FRIEND IM LAUGHING so hard RIGHT NOW

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_and_life

"I’d look for an entropy reduction, since this must be a general characteristic of life."
>>
>>7905177
>quoting some retarded Gaia-fag
Holy shit. Even though I now know that you are trolling me I am still getting angry. You truly are a skilled troll.

You cannot fool me though. Any person that wasn't a complete mongoloid would have read the part just below your quote about Gibbs free energy for example.

I eagerly await your next rebuttal. I have rarely seen a troll this good on /sci/.
>>
File: Upside_Down's.jpg (26 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
Upside_Down's.jpg
26 KB, 450x600
>>7904236
In a discussion about the heat death of the universe it is fucking retarded to take the point of view of a lifetime.

>pic related
>it's you
>>
>>7905260
Every time you eat, you take a low-entropy food and create a high-entropy useless waste. In the process, the energy of the food is used by your body to introduce higher degrees of order and complexity in it, a perfect example of this being a child growing (and the system, or the child's organism, expanding into an increased entropy limit and lowering the gained entropy by creating deterministic structures in the body that can only be arranged by a certain order).

I admit, making me reply several times is a good enough troll so congratulations for that one.
>>
>>7905283
>Every time you eat, you take a low-entropy food and create a high-entropy useless waste
So you even admit that the total entropy increases, while claiming that life decreases entropy?
Amazing work anon. You are no ordinary troll.
>>
File: 1452074447191.jpg (51 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
1452074447191.jpg
51 KB, 500x625
OP's picture makes me want to cry
>>
>>7905301
Environmental entropy increases but the system's (living organism's) entropy decreases at the expense, hence what the OP is saying - life's point is to decrease entropy inside the system it has control over

Please refrain from further replies containing my posts' numbers, thanks!
>>
>>7905308
>the system's entropy decreases at the expense of the surroundings
>"life decreases entropy"
These two sentences are not equivalent you fucktarded high-schooler.
> life's point is to decrease entropy inside the
>life's point
>>>/x/
>>
>>7905317
Just admit that you were wrong in the first place, this is an anonymous imageboard and you're posting anonymously, there's literally no need to defend your ego.

Life decreases entropy in the area it occupies. As simple as that. OP said "within the system you control", not the whole universe, and "for as long as possible", not forever.

Please evolve some reading comprehension before posting on boards that are too complex for your brain
>>
>>7905327
>gets his ass handled to him online
>"no u r wrong!"
The problem here is your attitude. Maybe if you start changing it you can finally graduate high school.
>Life decreases entropy in the area it occupies
Then why aren't you turning into a crystal?
Your phrasing is just fucking retarded. There is no way around it.
>OP said "within the system you control", not the whole universe, and "for as long as possible", not forever.
Top fucking lel. OP was talking about black holes, YOU FUCKING R-E-T-A-R-D.

You made me respond again, congratulations.
>>
>>7905338
Initialization of this retarded discussion:

>>7905153
>"It doesn't state that the reduction of entropy is impossible holy fuck please tell me I'm being trolled"

To which you reply with this >>7905167 stating that what I wrote was "so stupid that I surely have to be a troll"

You basically said that decreasing entropy is impossible. No more replies to you as you're either unironically retarded or are attempting to troll me. I would recommend >>>/pol/ and >>>/int/ in both cases.
>>
>>7905348
Any thermodynamic process increases the total entropy.
Anyway I think I have raped you enough over the internet, so this is going to be my last post in this discussion, but since you will try to get the last word I think you should go ahead and describe how it feels to have people laughing at your stupidity online.
>>
>>7905356
>Any thermodynamic process increases the total entropy.

You are sick, moron. Get help!
>>
>>7901985
those are all nonscientific theories
>>
>>7906888
an hero, i can't even empathise with the embarrassment that you should be feeling
>>
>>7906965

Moron, seek help immediately
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.